In Car Entertainment & Security
By david10072
#228450 So I got my kenwood headunit yesterday, I tried to do the wiring myself. The wiring was cut on my car due to theft. I am pretty sure I connected everything correct. But when I turn the key up, the radio doesnt work. No power at all on the radio. I checked the fuse today #23 15A, the fuse was fine. I didn't trust it, so I went to get a new fuse. The headunit still doesn't turn on. None of my speakers were plugged tho. I don't think I need to plug in the speakers to power the headunit...so here is how i connect it...
Constant 12V+ Blue/White ----> yellow battery wire
Switched 12V+ Yellow/Red ------> red ignition wire
Ground Black ---->black ground
Illumination Red/Black ----> none

Left Front (+) Blue/Green ---- white
Left Front (-) Gray/Black ---- white black
Right Front (+) Red/Green ---- gray
Right Front (-) Brown/Black ---- gray black
Left Rear (+) Blue/Yellow ---- green
Left Rear (-) Gray/White ---- green black
Right Rear (+) Red/Yellow ---- purple
Right Rear (-) Brown/White ----- purple black

I want to know if connected the wire correctly?
and if is there anything I should check? besides wiring and fuse?
I really hope its not the radio itself (radio fuse is fine) The radio is brand new, so I am not really doubting the radio.
Any help would be appreciated, thanks guy. :)
By david10072
chnzgoofball wrote:http://www.honda-tech.com/showthread.php?t=2510081

that is the diagram i used for my friends car

That is a correct diagram just like mine, I am not sure what's wrong.. But thanks tho :P
By chnzgoofball
#228455 did u check the fuse on the deck itself?
By UpgrayeddEJ2
#228489 As a test, try this. Connect the Yellow and red from the hu to the cars ignition then try the 12v constant to make sure your unit us good. If it powers on like that you may have a problem with your 12v constant line. Check the fuse under the hood too. I ran a line from the fuse block under the dash to the deck and the clock because it wouldn't keep the time whenthe car was turned off.
By david10072
OmahaEJ1 wrote:As a test, try this. Connect the Yellow and red from the hu to the cars ignition then try the 12v constant to make sure your unit us good. If it powers on like that you may have a problem with your 12v constant line. Check the fuse under the hood too. I ran a line from the fuse block under the dash to the deck and the clock because it wouldn't keep the time whenthe car was turned off.

so try connecting yellow/red to ignition line first? then try constant line to?
I checked the fuse, #23. I dont know what other fuse to check.. Thanks for helping man
By david10072
chilango41 wrote:#23? is that under the steering wheel?
Check the 7.5 fuse under the hood, if that one is blown, your headunit wont work.

oh crap. Alright I will check it. Thanks man. What fuse is it anyways? The name
By UpgrayeddEJ2
#228760 Do you have a dash clock? Is it keeping the time when you turn ttd car off?
By UpgrayeddEJ2
#228761 Do you have a dash clock? Is it keeping the time when you turn ttd car off?
By edcortez9
#228999 best bet is to have a probe tester to test why its not getting power. you might have a stripped wire somewhere there.. if not you can run power wires from another source. You can get them straight form the ignition switch.