In Car Entertainment & Security
By david10072
edcortez9 wrote:best bet is to have a probe tester to test why its not getting power. you might have a stripped wire somewhere there.. if not you can run power wires from another source. You can get them straight form the ignition switch.

I really hope its not a stripped wire... or a broken radio.. hmm I should try to get the probe tester. how much do they cost? How do you run a wire from ignition switch? where exactly is the switch?

Thank you so much for helping. its driving me crazy lol
By david10072
#229204 So I went to get a multimeter today. I test the ignition and constant wire. Both hit 12V with no problem... so that ends the problem... but the headunit still doesn't work...

Is it possible that I have a poor ground? or maybe a broken headunit.
By edcortez9
#229231 if there is a damadge speaker the stereo should still be able to eject because it has power.. try to see if the mechanism works when you eject if it doesnt then you have a bad stereo my friend.
By edcortez9
#229232 away to test if it the ground is to get the groud wire from the stereo and connect it to any metal on the car because ground should not read 12v
By david10072
edcortez9 wrote:away to test if it the ground is to get the groud wire from the stereo and connect it to any metal on the car because ground should not read 12v

hmm.... does that mean I have a short circuit?
By david10072
david10072 wrote:
edcortez9 wrote:away to test if it the ground is to get the groud wire from the stereo and connect it to any metal on the car because ground should not read 12v

hmm.... does that mean I have a short circuit?

Actually, it might be a bad ground ... the current should not be there when the ground is connected right... so i am gonna try to ground it to somewhere else instead of the chassis ground wire... see if that will help
By david10072
#229381 Alright, the radio works! The reason is because of my chassis ground wire is bad. I just hook up the wire to another metal and the radio went poof. :D Everything works now, thanks guys! :thumb:
By edcortez9
#229509 glad to see it worked out for you :thumb:
By doubskie
#230033 take your stereo out, hook the red and yellow wires straight up to the positive battery terminal. then hook the black up to the negative terminal.

if you stereo doesnt click on...

1: your stereo fuse is blown(probably a 10a) located right under the wire harness for the stereo
2: your faceplate isnt working and not illuminating
3: your stereos toast(not worth the money and work to fix whatever else is broken inside the unit.

only 3 possible options.
By doubskie
#230034 woops! forget i said that ^^^^^
haha didnt realize you got it working already.
glad you got it
By cnome
#274703 i have a similar problem! my head unit clock doesnt work either! fuses are fine but the Yellow wire has no flow to it! what do i do? it was a cut harness do to theft, red wire gets power, so whats up witth this?