In Car Entertainment & Security
By LSVTIEG
orangeEG wrote:
LSVTIEG wrote: now with the key off touch the other end of the test light to the yellow wire. the light should come on as this is the constant wire that supplies power to the radio to maintain its memory.

next test the red wire with the key off then on. the light should only light up with the key on. since you are having problems when you turn on the lights on go ahead & turn on the lights if everything is correct so far. if the light turns off with your lights turned on you found a problem if it stays on move

Correct me if I'm wrong but I've been doing car audio for a couple years and studying for my mecp certification and I think you might have gotten you constant 12V soured mixed up with your ignition source :?

Constant 12V source-RED
ignition source -YELLOW

Might be different for different company's or countries but here in Canada that's how it is

maybe it is different in canada but here in usa yellow is constant 12v memory, red is switched ignition power.

By orangeEG
#252702 hmm well there ya go, its different in different counties, it funny now that i think about it because my old radio was like that and i just thought it was pined wrong with the wrong color wires haha must have been a US deck

see 20 years of audio experience and civic-eg taught ya something new haha :lol:
By LSVTIEG
#252741 & here i was thinking radio wire colors were universal, except for some cheap off brand stuff.