In Car Entertainment & Security
By Ajax1989
#225753 i cant find how to remove my antenna, its broke and id like to replace it, but i cant figure it out how to and i can only find the diy with the rear antenna :thumbdown:

can someone help or guild me :thumb:

thanks
AJ
By Ecc0
#225788 Is your antenna on your front window or on the rear quarter???

As they have different methods to remove them.

For the front you'll need to get under the dash and unplug the antenna lead from your head unit then make sure it is not attached anywhere else so it will pull through easily then on the outside of your car unscrew the plate that mounts the antenna and pull it out along with the lead you've just disconnected get a blank plate or fill the hole job done.

For the rear you'll need to pull down the carpet in the rear/boot to access the antenna motor and pull the lead out of it then on the outside of your car you'll need to mask/tape an area around your antenna to make sure you don't scratch your paint work then I used a flat head screw driver and a hammer force the fixing screw lose then once you can undo it go back into your car and undo the I think 8mm nuts that hold the antenna motor in place and pull the whole unit out then blank it off job done.

Hope this helps.
By JUICE
#225845 like said, gotta get it disconnected from under the dash. i cant remember if i had to cut any clips cause the car i pulled it out of was a completely gutted shell with only some wiring still hooked up...
By Ecc0
#225919 Yeah has been a while since I've done it too but think there are 3 clips holding the wire in place some of which are tricky to get to
By Trang
#226353 If it is the front antenna and you are going to replace it with another stock one, I suggest tying a string to the end while you pull it out of the column from underneath the dash. I replaced my broken one with another stock antenna and the only hard part was running the cable the same way.
By familyEGuy23
#226364 Just did this a few weeks ago...but I did it when I replaced my stock cassette player for an Kenwood player
1.take off center console
2.unplug antenna connection from the back of your unit
3.mine had an extension off some sort with clips I didn't need it so I unplugged it
4.pull antenna out (the antenna wire should run from the back of the unit and kinda behind the kicker panel and all the way to the left behind the fuse box and hood latch opener)
5. I would suggest before pulling it all out to tie a long piece of string to the end of your old antenna connection(the part that was connected to the back of ur unit) so it could serve you as a guide for your new one
6. If you skipped step 5 like I did :x your going to need something to guide it back in from the roof of your car all the way behind the fuse box...I used a coat hanger and took me several tries because you can't really see the hole can only feel it
7.after that you pretty much just do the reverse in my case I ran the new antenna cable to my new head unit before installing
And that's it :thumb: hope that was clear enough
By Ajax1989
#226365 thanks guys :D

my next junk yard trip ill be gettin one :thumb: