In Car Entertainment & Security
By JohnAWESOME
#223953 OK so when I bought my hatch there was no stereo thats ok I will just put in another one. The guy told me he just took his out when he was getting ready to sell so I didn't look any further. I started looking at stereos and then was going to look at what kind of plug adapter if any I would need and all of the wires are cut no harness. Anyone know of any good sketches of what goes where or how to hook it up? I was thinking of just taking it to have one installed but I bet they will charge an arm and a leg.
By Classiccarsrule85
#223954 the best bet is to get the cluster, radio harness its simple to install and would then give you the stock plug back or find a stock plug and just color match.....
By JohnAWESOME
#225042 I think that I found a new harness to splice in so I think I am good there. Now I am doing some shoping for a new cd player with a built in HD radio reciver. Any one know what size head unit I can put in?
By suspendedHatch
#225253 Actually they'll charge you right around $35 - 50 to fix your harness and install your new stereo.

I can almost guarantee your 7.5A fuse in your under hood fuse box is blown. Possibly the 15A radio fuse under your dash as well.
By JohnAWESOME
#229958 hey was installing my christmas head unit and followed the install directions off of install dr and it says to use Brown w/ white stripe for both the power antenna trigger and for the right rear speaker and I have a red wire w/black stripe left over I am thinking the red wire is for the power antenna??? any one know?