In Car Entertainment & Security
By Bielawa1
#222383 Hi , hope someone can assist.

Since i had my 94 lsi my radio has been able to pick up FM (although not quite as strongly as i feel it should) but good enough. However all i get on AM is static not even a trace of any station.

Is this likely to be the radio connections itself or the aerial ? I have been advised its probably a bad ground but not sure where to look to start to fix it .

Thanks.
By chrono404
#222390 Make sure your antenna is fully plugged in. If it and its an aftermarket deck it could be it doesn't do Am that well. Both My Panasonic Decks dont pull in AM near as good as an OEM honda deck will.
By suspendedHatch
#225255 Yeah, most likely the radio ground. On your stereo harness you have a black wire. Cut it and crimp a ring terminal to the stereo side and bolt it down with a nearby 10mm bolt that goes into the chassis.

Make sure the pins on the ground wire in the harnesses are good. Kind of hard to do w/out a multimeter but maybe you'll notice something obvious.
By slwcreepin
#225557 antenna wire could be pinched, or bad, mine when I bought my 94 was bad, kinda rigged it for now, but need a new one.
By Bielawa1
#225727 Thanks all, will have a good look around , the guy before me put a new CD player in and a fairly crude job of rear speakers so possible he bodged something.
By edcortez9
#229004 my customer have come across this alot.. there isnt really any stereos that have good am signal except the originals.. i dont know why and its been a problems on my cars also i tried jvc, pionner, sony, and even alpine.. just giving you a heads up so you can be aware when buying a new deck