In Car Entertainment & Security
By Clarkypoo
#219131 So I've got 2 Kicker 12 inch L5s and a 1000 watt monoblock Alpine amp and this system is beast, but my rattles are so stinking bad. My main one is from the rear parcel shelf dumping around and the little plastic air vent things are hitting the rear window so much you can hear it outside and it almost sounds like the trunk it rattling. Question #1 how do you remove it I've tried popping it out and taking the third brake light out but no luck. Question #2 when I do get it what would be the best way to sound deaden it? I was thinking just some Dynomat but I don't know how well that would work.

Thanks,
Clark
By sqsi
#219453 Dynamat works well, foam tape, the fuzzy side of velcro, and dynaliner also make a difference. mines overkill, but I hate rattles. the only rattle I have is my wing, but that will soon be addressed.
http://civic-eg.com/viewtopic.php?t=925&highlight=
By crazy-88
#328336 do some dynamat or equivalent, and then some closed cell foam, it will add a nice barrier. u can also use mas loaded vinyl, but ita a lot more expensive and heavy. usually 1 - 2 lb per sq ft
By rustyrex
#328348 Peel and seal. It's in the roofing section of home depot. It's about 1/3 the cost of dynamat and holds like a hug from god.