In Car Entertainment & Security
By EJ1STYLEN
#217235 i know this is not a eg question, i was wondering if theres a diff. between a auto or manual stereo harness? cause my friend has a alpine stereo in his ek and it doesnt save memory like when he try to set the clock it doesnt save it. so i was wondering if he can use the auto stereo harness with no problem...
By ExCoupe94
#217362 it seems like somebody twisted the red and yellow wires together. if you hook that there yellow wire to a constant 12v your buddies settings and time shall be saved :thumb: and i highly doubt theres any difference between auto and manual when it comes to stereo wiring
By kingjmack
#217384 There is NO difference in the wiring. It sounds like the harness might be bad. I just replaced the entire dash harnes in my coupe for about the same reason, radio wouldnt hold memory, andcig lighter has hard wired to the battery. Replaced the harness, and everything works good!
By suspendedHatch
#217609 Check the 7.5A "ECU backup" fuse under the hood.

Was the factory harness cut?

Make sure the stereo's yellow wire is connected to the car's white/blue, and that the stereo's red is connected to the car's yellow/red. If these wires are reversed, the stereo will work but will have the symptoms you describe.
By EJ1STYLEN
#217625 Ill try to see if that work, yes the oe harness was cut by previous owner..
By kingjmack
suspendedHatch wrote:Check the 7.5A "ECU backup" fuse under the hood.

Was the factory harness cut?

Make sure the stereo's yellow wire is connected to the car's white/blue, and that the stereo's red is connected to the car's yellow/red. If these wires are reversed, the stereo will work but will have the symptoms you describe.

Sounds exactly the same as my situation. Fuse was blown and harness was cut. Now the clock in the dash works too!