In Car Entertainment & Security
By EJ1STYLEN
#197879 Ok guys i have a 94 civic and when i bought the car it didnt have one, the guy that i bought the car from said it got stolen. And all the radio was cut, so now im asking is can i buy a honda universal radio wire harness to rewire it? Cause its getting pretty boring without no radio....so any help or advice would be nice....
By chrono404
#197909 you can get the radio side of the harness from any best buy. I believe classiccarsrule85 had for sell a while back as well for cheap.

On the Car Wiring side you will need to get that from an 88-98 Honda, Be it accord, Civic, integra, vigor, tl, oddessey, etc. Whatever you can find in your local junkyard from 88-98 should have the correct audio connector.

My 93 Sedan also had its radio stolen and they took cut that wiring. I got the adapter from a 89 full size acura sedan and all the colors matched except one, and it only the tracing wire color was different. After soldering it into place its still working fine to this day. :thumb:
By EJ1STYLEN
#197977 ok kool...does our oe radio have those plug for the antenna....
By dawg316
#197978 if you want to buy a cheap sony deck (or any cheap one), just extend the stock radio wires and hard wire it to the new harness of the new deck.
By EJ1STYLEN
#198035 i have a alpine deck that i want to put in it...
By suspendedHatch
dawg316 wrote:if you want to buy a cheap sony deck (or any cheap one), just extend the stock radio wires and hard wire it to the new harness of the new deck.

You could do it that way but it's pretty shady. Next time you change your stereo you'll have to hardwire it again. Those wires start getting shorter and shorter.

Metra makes both the male and female side of that harness.
By chilango41
#198142 A trip to the junkyard to get the stock harness and a trip to walmart on the way back to get the plug and play harness, some solder and tape. you wil be win :thumb:
By dawg316
suspendedHatch wrote:
dawg316 wrote:if you want to buy a cheap sony deck (or any cheap one), just extend the stock radio wires and hard wire it to the new harness of the new deck.

You could do it that way but it's pretty shady. Next time you change your stereo you'll have to hardwire it again. Those wires start getting shorter and shorter.

Metra makes both the male and female side of that harness.

I see where your coming from, but its not like it has to be fancy. 9 times out of 10 the deck is just gonna stay in the car and thats that. if i was an audio installer i would do it perfectly. but if it was my own car id save some cash and just hardwire it in. nothing wrong with it