In Car Entertainment & Security
By Macca
#19931 Right i dont know anything about wiring/audio/electronics.

I have a problem.

I opened up my door speaker panels to discover that no speakers we there.
But this is ok because i kinda guessed that nothing would be in there.

But then theres just the hole were they used to be, and two wires that look ripped at the end where they used to be connected to the speaker.

The wires are Blue and white.
Im just wondering what the hell do i have to do to those to attach them to speakers ?

will i have to buy brand new wire for them to attach to the headunit ?
By asianrob
#19936 you can do what i did and just run new wires from the speaker to the head unit which i had an after maket head unit and just wired up to the head unit harness at the pig tail... or yo can run it to a 4 channel amp and head unit .....
By Macca
#19942 Sorry your going to have to be very simple with me untill i learn all these new 'terms'

Pigtail?
i take it that is the end bit of the big bundle of wires in the plastic casing ?
By teal_dx
#19959 Sounds like the person who removed the speakers was in a hurry.
just crimp new spade connectors on the ends of the factory wires, then they will fit the + and - terminals on the back of the speaker.
By Macca
#19962 Anyone know of any good tutorials of this anyway on the net ?

just i like to read tutorials . help me learn =)
By benskorner
#26444 just go to crutchfield and watch videos. its pretty straightforward. i even used alligator clips w/ my speakers in the front (ghetto i kno, but i was lazy)
By BAXTER_EJ1
#26455 Yeah man, if the wires are in good condition and still carry a charge just put some spade connectors on ^. It's a bit of a bitch to run wiring through the doors and to the back of the head unit.
By JNav93
#150896 when i bought my car i looked in the doors and found polk audio speakers :thumb: lucky me