In Car Entertainment & Security
By Gustavo
#222532 Capacitor n good wireing.
By Xanderion
#227421 I would make sure your alternator is fine and upgrade the battery to an Optima Yellow or something like that. The nice thing with these batteries is that they recharge alot faster than the original batteries. And they give a better balanced flow of electrisity. U don't have to look after them either. U can mount them upside down with no problems, and they last an eternity (8-10 years without service). I Use a Stinger Battery and a Vision Battery. I'm pushing 4000Watts RMS @ 1 ohm, and my lights don't dim at all.
And I haven't done anything to my alternator.
By 92hatchie
dawg316 wrote:I herd shity things about capacitors. any 1 care to chime in with there thoughts about them ?

same here i heard the same.. ive heard n read dat they dnt do shit they jus for looks. but a fresh alternator n batttery should do it
By sqsi
#233610 Listen to suspendedHatch, The alternator is what you need to focus on. I got one from Alterstart.com and I have no issues at all running 1 Alpine PDX 1.1000 and 2 Alpine PDX 4.150's.
By LSVTIEG
#245282 i just run 2 batteries off the stock alternator. i have an optima redtop uner my hood & a stinger spv44 in the back. you should have 1 battery for every 1000 watts. in the past ive ran up to 5 batteries on a stock honda alternator with no problems. so far i been runnin my 2 batteries off the stock alternator for over 5 years. & capasitors are junk & worthless unless you are running 100 farada or more. its just cheaper & better to run a second performance battery.
By Xanderion
LSVTIEG wrote:i just run 2 batteries off the stock alternator. i have an optima redtop uner my hood & a stinger spv44 in the back. you should have 1 battery for every 1000 watts. in the past ive ran up to 5 batteries on a stock honda alternator with no problems. so far i been runnin my 2 batteries off the stock alternator for over 5 years. & capasitors are junk & worthless unless you are running 100 farada or more. its just cheaper & better to run a second performance battery.

You have figured it out, I run this option myself. I got one battery in the front, and one in the back. But you have to install fuses on the wiring, or they'll might burn.
By LSVTIEG
#245407 ah yes fuses. i have 0ga. running between the batteries witha 300 amp fuse up front 2 4ga. coming off the back battery, 1 to a fused distribution block feeding my 4 channel & 2 channel mid amps & the other feeding my sub amp. remmber i have a total of 15 speakers in my car.