In Car Entertainment & Security
By ShawnTRD
#172711 What's out that is Cheap and OEM fit for the doors. For the back I've heard you can get a pair of 6X9 in there..??

93 EX Two Door Coupe
By Boods
#172721 I tried to fit my 6x9s into the rear parcel shelf and couldn't without having to cut the boot bit and drilling some holes, and the door speakers [i think] are standard 17cm ones. Correct me if I'm mistaken? in which case you should be able to do a few google searches + check ebay or something to find some replacements.

Keep in mind if you replace the speakers the cables'll have to be cut and crimped to fit your new ones.

Sorry that I'm not very helpful, this is my first car so what i say is from my own experience. Try doing a few google searches to find the speakers you need though!

Good luck :)
By dawg316
#172830 if you want a lil more crisper sound get a new head unit. if your stuck on getting speakers , get some speakers that fit the hole. 6.5" in my case. alot of people say other ways for there trim level, body style.

hook it up and hear the differance :woot:
By ShawnTRD
dawg316 wrote:if you want a lil more crisper sound get a new head unit. if your stuck on getting speakers , get some speakers that fit the hole. 6.5" in my case. alot of people say other ways for there trim level, body style.

I have a Pioneer Head Unit. But both door speakers doesn't work, and one of that back speaker crack with any bass.
By dawg316
ShawnTRD wrote:
dawg316 wrote:if you want a lil more crisper sound get a new head unit. if your stuck on getting speakers , get some speakers that fit the hole. 6.5" in my case. alot of people say other ways for there trim level, body style.

I have a Pioneer Head Unit. But both door speakers doesn't work, and one of that back speaker crack with any bass.

paper cone oem speakers are FTL. get any basic set of speakers then. dosent realy matter to much from $80 speakers to $150 speakers. ( not unless there amplified) so get some basic speakers that fit and you will hear a complete differance
By suspendedHatch
#173355 Why do people like 6x9's? They sound like absolute ass! What's wrong with round speakers?

Cheap speakers = crap. You get what you pay for. For decent speakers, get some Alpine, Infinity or Polk.
By marquisdee1018
#173463 I have 4 alpine 6 1/2's in my car on a 4 channel alpine amp. I have 3 way speakers up front and 2 ways in the rear. I got the entire set up for $150. Sounds much better than stock.
By BurqueB16
#173806 ha i was at the junk yard pulling some pieces off a sedan and thought hmm i better pop off the speaker covers and check the speakers and see if they look good and vioala! two three way sony speakers! $10. :D
By edcortez9
#173831 if you dont wanna spend much and get a good sound go with pioneer thats the best cheap good quality speakers
By marklopez
#182829 you can grab a bargain online, 6.5 inch speakers should fit all round if not get some MDF and make some spacers, 6x9 will even fit in the back i actualy just put some in about 5 minutes ago, ive peaced my car audio system together relatively cheaply by trading a used pod filter for 6" alpine components and 1" tweeters, pioneer 1" tweeters and crossovers from a crashed mitsubishi evo on the side of the road = FREE, nearly brand new 300watt clarion 6x9 off a friend = FREE, a 12" 3000 watt alpine type x subwoofer in a custom made enclosure from some guy = $200 RRP $700AU and an amp that a friends not using to power it = FREE and a brand new clarion head unit which came with the car. so just look around and you can get stuff cheap most wrekkers have lots of car audio too = CHEAP.