In Car Entertainment & Security
By lveg8
#167156 ok, well my kid was playing in my car and turning the headlights on and off, blinkers, and wiper. i started the car and pulled out and the alarm started going off and i couldn't turn it off with the remote. so i shut the car off and put it into valet mode to drive it. came back and put it back into alarm mode, 30 or so seconds and it starts going off with nothing going on. so i reset the remote with the valet switch and a few of the settings to factory except the auto arm. i try to turn the alarm on and when i push button (I) on remote the alarm goes off and i have to put it into valet mode to turn it off because the remote wont turn it off. I downloaded the manual but it doesn't have any info on how to reset the brain. oh and now when i get in and turn the ignition on the doors auto lock, never used to do it before. if any one has any info to help me out it would be great. this is a CLIFFORD ARROW 2 alarm. Thanks.
By edcortez9
#167256 the only way to reset the alarm is to unplug the brain fully and plug it back in.. it might be a door trigger that messed up or something i would suggest to someone that knows.. cuz im an actual installer and the only way i will know is by testing the wires.. but you can try to reset it yourself and see if that work
By suspendedHatch
#167427 It's troublesome that you were able to start the car. This means your alarm doesn't have a start kill. So it's nothing more than a noise maker and you can't count on it protecting your car.

I suggest you start over with a new alarm and a reputable installer.
By lveg8
#168405 got it fixed. it was after i started the car that it went off. it wasn't set. but i guess because power was drawn that it acted up to arm itself some how. so i downloaded the manual and changed the setting on it. now it works great. and i also found some hidden settings that wasnt listen in the manual. oh and yes it does have a starter kill.