In Car Entertainment & Security
By lud_08
#165853 im going to install subwoofers in my car again and was wondering if theres a way to bolt down my box to make it harder to steal.
By chrono404
#165867 I screwed my Amp to the side of my Subs, then my Subs to a peice of ply wood.
To secure mine in place the wood fits to just in bewteen the wheel wells, then I put a small think box behind it to the back of my hatch. I did mine so it wouldn't move around my car when I fly through turns.

You could just screw the plywood to the metal in your trunk/hatch with self tapping screws. I was planning on this until I got the perfect sized box.
By lud_08
#165875 thanks for the idea, im pretty pissed because of my stupid mistake of buying subs before an alarm, so my subs were stolen. i wanna make my trunk impossible to get into
By ExCoupe94
#170846 dunno how big your box is but mine is impossible to remove without first removing my swaybar perhaps you can just add one of them?... but id invest the 160$ to get a badass alarm offa the interwebs :D
By JlaudioEGFreak
#170910 I would totally go with the Alarm man. Bolting down you sub box seems like a good idea and may let you sleep a little better at night. But in the eyes of a person that would be stealing your system odds are that if they cant get your box out they will just remove the subwoofers from the box. In that case use a different sort of screw instead of the standard phillips and even so if they cant get them out odds are they are most likely going to destroy them with whatever tool they have with them out of anger. I have been through it all and have seen it all. best case scenario get an alarm with a 2 way setup.
By robster
#170958 You can make your self a custom box (lifted flor) and hide all the audio behind the side walls like i did. So nobody can see it!!

- JVC head unit with changer
- 3-way speakers front
- 2-way speakers rear
- Phase Linear Aliante12'' sub
- Alpine 4-way 400W Amp for front
- AudioSystems 700W Amp for sub

By lud_08
#171142 thats a clean install robster.

thanks for the help guys. My new box has two giant ports on the top so i chained my box to the car, then ran a steel cable through the front of my box to the frame of the car. The cable isn't visible from anywhere so even if they cut the chain they will be yanking the box trying to get it out. my box faces into the cabin and has Plexiglas in front of the the sub so getting the sub out is gonna be a problem for theives. my amp is drilled to my box with the heads of the screws drilled out, so theyre gonna have to come prepared to leave with my stuff. you cant even slide the box an inch.

that should hold untill i have enough money for a good alarm.
By EJ1-danny
#173371 post pics of your set up !!!
By 92egdxhatch
#173375 fact of the matter is if a thief wants it bad enough they will get it
By marklopez
#181567 OMG I cream every time i see gathers