In Car Entertainment & Security
By mxracer84
#165606 I just purchased a cd deck for my 93 cx hatch and I wired it all in and all the deck will do is insert or eject cds it wont turn on how do I fix this ? Do I have it wired wrong?
By Classiccarsrule85
#165608 you may have the power (12v) all the time on wired to the 12v+ ign on try switching the red and yellow wires....

also did you use a adapter harness for the radio or clip the stock radio plug and wire it in that way??
By mxracer84
#165609 I tryed switching the wires one way does nothing and the regular way only does the insert eject thing . When I purchased the car it had a radio from a 95 accord in it so the harness was already clipped.
By Classiccarsrule85
#165613 well if the radio was from an accord if it was stock then it would of just clipped right in no problem....if it was aftermarket and had the adapter harness then you may have something wrong.....id dissconnect everything but the negative ground the 12v positive always on and thee 12v+ ign(red and yellow) and see if it still dose it if so there maybe something wrong with your deck.......
By 92egdxhatch
#165616 try the 7.5 amp fuse in the fuse box under the hood. and check the one under the dash too.
By asianrob
#165617 get some pics. its worlds of easy with pics.
By edcortez9
#165669 its going to be missing power most likely its a fuse check your 12v fuse under the hood and assesories fuse under the dash but i would get a circuit tester and check to see what is actually missing
By chilango41
92egdxhatch wrote:try the 7.5 amp fuse in the fuse box under the hood. and check the one under the dash too.

I think this is it^^ it happened to me
By ExCoupe94
#168975 I had a panasonic deck that had issues every time it got disconnected from power, it did the same exact thing. So beyond checking your power wires individually with a voltmeter (yellow=constant hot, red=hot when ignition is engaged, and black=ground) try engaging your ignition twice (on-off-on) then tapping\holding down power\source hopefully this solves your issue :thumb:
By mxracer84
#179051 Thank you guys for the support I finally found the problem. I had the deck wired up wrong .I had everything wired how it showed in the diagrams which turned out to be wrong. It turned out I had to wire both 12v battery and ignition wires to the one ignition wire in my civic dash.
By suspendedHatch
#179177 No... that's not how you wire it. You have both wires to ignition? Then you wont have any memory settings and it wont even remember your stations or the position you were on on a CD before you parked the car.

It works that way because like everyone was trying to tell you, you blew the fuse when you did your wiring. Replace your fuse and wire it properly. Deck yellow goes to car blue/white. Deck red goes to car yellow/red.