In Car Entertainment & Security
By project ej2
#164431 THIS IS THE LINK:
http://www.fixya.com/support/p230121-so ... _amplifier

MY PROBLEM:
ok here it is and i need help please.. anybody..
the other day me and the wife were SUBBING down the street.. then her amp went out.? i thought oooops... no cool air back there. so i turned it off and lowered the windos...left it off for about 30 minutes...then turned it back on.. still no BOOOOM ..

it hasnt been on for the last 2-4 days..? so today i checked it out and the fuse's are still good.. and noticed that the OFFSET red light is on..? that is my DELEMA.... does anyone know if the AMP's done with..? thanks FELLAZ.....
By dawg316
#164447 red light means amp protect mode one. double check the wireing on the sub itself and make shure the connections on the amp are secure.

how long have u been running that sub amp combo? did u just hook it up or did u have it for a while ?
By project ej2
#164497 well its been running like that for the last i dont know 5 months now..give or take..then this happened..

NOW:my bro inlaw installed it and still no good. he redid the wiring and everything..he thinks the AMP is no good to though.. so i think i might just have to get another AMP... :x
By edcortez9
#164504 well if when you turn the car on it automatically turn red on the the amp is gone!!!

but if it turns on protection off and on then you would need to check the ohms on your speaker but from what you are sayin i am most certain that the amp blew out and you should consider getting another one...
By project ej2
#164535 ok cool man thanks.im already looking for one..good shit..!!! :thumb:
By dawg316
#164622 also take a look at the fuses built into the amp on the sides. they might be blown. relace them and see what happens
By project ej2
dawg316 wrote:also take a look at the fuses built into the amp on the sides. they might be blown. relace them and see what happens

^^thanks mayng.!! i already did that last night..still nothing..so i think imma just buy my wife a new AMP..any quggestions peoples/fellaz.?
By edcortez9
#164630 What kind of sub you got???
By project ej2
#164658 ive got 2 10's... JL audio.... in my wifes SUV..
By edcortez9
#164672 Anything name brand like punch kicker memphis jl audio will do...

Like a punch 500 I would suggest
By project ej2
#164673 for 2 10's.? how about a kenwood 600 watt.
By edcortez9
#164740 yeah youd be surprised.. im actually a car audio installer so i been through all types of amps and speaker..

the kenwood is good also but it woont push them to the max maybe a 800 but that 600 is fine
By project ej2
#164803 are you serious..LOL... :thumb: now my brother inlaw installs systems and what not as welll..but hes tellin me to just get a 1000+ wat amp so they hit even better..? is that true..? and my brother is gonna give me one of his amps that are 800 watts..
By 92egdxhatch
#164819 Sony xplod is your problem. Get a mb quart I push 2000
rms to 4 10's and the amp doesn't even get warm
By project ej2
#164824 SICKKKKKKK.. ill look for one. but not sure.. ill keep that in mind...