In Car Entertainment & Security
By pancake
#163087 hey guys,

ok so i have a sony xplod headunit, and im not experienced with head units at all (this came with the car when i bought it)

umm so when i play a cd and i skip to the song about halfway through the list, the track starts skipping. im sure its not the cd because ive tried 5 of them and it does the same thing. this is for an mp3 cd

with an audio cd it doesnt skip but as i progress further into the cd it starts going fuzzy and distorted throughout the track.

im just wondering if it is some wiring problem, or should is it the actual headunit doing this? or what else?

cheerios 8)
By edcortez9
#163089 the wiring doesnt give any problems.. only problems the wiring can cause if it shuts down by itself.. or it has no audio

most likely its gonna be the head unit
By dawg316
#163196 its the head units thats at fault. how long have you had it. ? its probably getting old.

if you want you can try to ground it a lil better.
By pancake
#163294 how would i go about that? would it be worth a try or should i just get another head unit?

im not quite sure how old the headunit is, but i bought my car in March this year with it already in.

thanks for rplies!
By edcortez9
#163324 there is no point of grounding it.. if it doestn have enought ground the headunit will cut off completely due to insufficient power...
your best bet is to change the headunit
By Joplies
edcortez9 wrote:there is no point of grounding it.. if it doestn have enought ground the headunit will cut off completely due to insufficient power...
your best bet is to change the headunit

x2
By pancake
#163888 coolios. thank for the help guys 8)