In Car Entertainment & Security
By mybitchej1
#161007 well i went to the mall wit my gurl came out and someone stole my fucking fron lip so jus kinda scared next will be my car. So i was wonderin wat kind of alarm i could use and wat features i need to look for. i got a 95 eg coupe thanks for ur help

ps if someone got any good ideas so they cant steal my car or break in it shout it out thanks for everyones help
By ikon
#161011 suspendedhatch has his own website dedicated to alarms. check it out. its got most of the information u need.
By chrono404
#161014 Any alarm you buy at a place like best buy or car toys will only make your car easier to steal.

As mentioned above by ikon suspendedhatch has his own site Cause for Alarm that will walk you through installing a stealth car alarm. One that will take forever to defeat to deter any would be theifs.
By 93cxhb
#161017 Any alarm you buy at a place like best buy or car toys will only make your car easier to steal.

how would having a quality alarm installed at a place above make your car easier to steal ? :? while i agree it nice to have everything neatly tucked and hidden i dont think it would make it easier.

and that was an actual question not me being an ass
By chrono404
93cxhb wrote:Any alarm you buy at a place like best buy or car toys will only make your car easier to steal.

how would having a quality alarm installed at a place above make your car easier to steal ? :? while i agree it nice to have everything neatly tucked and hidden i dont think it would make it easier.

and that was an actual question not me being an ass

becouse as the site expalins, the wires needed to jump your car w/o your key will be taped into and taken out of there looms. all the theif has to do is go under your dash and cut wires going to the very easy to access(and maintain) security system box.

Poof alarm is gone, and worse your car started so the theif just has to bust the stearing lock(not hard) and he has your car.

Companys like best buy dont care about your, they care about a quick install and quick maintance, if something goes wrong, you will be back, Then they will have to go and fix whatever is wrong, when this happens having a system easy to get into is helpful for them.

If all you care about is having a remote door lock then by all means have a company like best buy install your system. However if you want your car to remain yours, a stealth install and multiple kill switchs are the way to keep your car yours.

The only car of mine that doesn't have atleast a few kill switches was the POS winter beater I bought for $600 and I knew noone in there right mind would steal it.
By 93cxhb
#161026 :thumb: thanks for that . i didn't think interms of easy to maintain easy to steal.
i just kinda was thinking that they would obviously do a better job then some one who has no idea of what they're doing . I my self am in the middle of redoing my alarm and will be doing the stealth install as well but its cold as shit so im putting that of since its obviously not going anywhere soon since its in 1,000 diff. pieces :lol:
By jonemere
#166525 it all depends on how much you are willing to spend but i would defiantly suggest going with the remote pager anyways viper is a very good brand.I got a Viper alarm not long back but I paid 400.I do agree though,if an alarm goes off in my street I won't look straight away,I generally wait for it to stop but if it's consistent I'll get up and walk outside.
By EJ1-danny
#166567 I got the 5901 viper alarm in my hatch its a $500 alarm I got it for $145 :) its a really good alarm I still need to buy a steering wheel lock and clutch lock anyone know where I can find a good one ???
By FREDDY1
#169017 thanks for posting up that website good info on there

on a diff note
does any one no were i can get a wheel lock? that clamp on the rim?