In Car Entertainment & Security
By afcrobinson2
#155345 I searched and browsed the forums and couldn't find anything, so here I am. 93 Civic Ex, Pioneer head unit. Everything is wired up correctly and I have clear sound out of all four speakers, just no bass what-so-ever. I've tried adjusting all the settings on my head unit with no success. If anyone knows whats up with it or has any ideas I'd greatly appreciate it.

Thanks
By Dippin_EG
#155351 its called factory sound.... :(
By PandaHatch
#155353 If you want bass from your system w/o a sub woofer than youo need some 6X9 speakers. that is not a stock speaker size in our eg civics so you will have to modify or customize something in order to use that size speaker. a good set is about $150 so you might be better getting a basooka tube or something. its not a lot of bass but decent.
By dawg316
#155356 the pinoneer headunit will suply more power to the speakers but if they are stock paper cone oem speakers then good luck getting any type of performance out of them. go buy some new speakers that will fit into the holes. 6x9 will sound better but i would just use oem size so you dont have to cut and modify your shit.

when you get new speakers in, adjust the treble and bass on the headunit. it will sound better but for bass your going to need to get a amp and subwoofer.
By PandaHatch
#155358 ^^^true but 6.5" will not get you shit for bass. okay for mids and highs. you can also look at the alpine plt-5 sub. i can get them all day for $200 from Crutchfield with a friends employee discount (used to be an employee) they sound pretty damn good and they already have the amp built ion as some of the bazooka tubes do as well. not a huge fan of the tubes but they are great if you dont want to rattle your brains around
By dawg316
#155451 id take a 10" sub over bazooka tubes all day. some times a good song comes on and you just wanna crank it up. thats what i hate about my 10" its awsome and hits hard but some times you just want to crank it louder for specific songs.

with a bazooka tube its hardly a sub at all. if its clarity and low bass he wants, why not get some componants and amplify them
By afcrobinson2
#156177 All very good Ideas guys thanks for the input.
I don't mind a good ol' amp and some 10's but I just want like factory 04 Civic Ex bass lol. My g/f has a 04 Coupe and I love her stereo sounds good and has plenty of bass and clarity for being stock. So I'll probably go the 6x9 route and see how that goes, I can fab something with the stock holes in the back.
By egsedanguy
#156229 i say just buy some replacement spekers for the factory holes and buy a nice single 10in sub with a lil box, a 500watt amp and you will be giving off some nice sound. plus it will be light and wont take up your trunk space.... :thumb: