In Car Entertainment & Security
By JNav93
#148806 When my alarm is armed and a door/trunk/hood is opened the alarm doesnt go off.. I know im going to put a hood pin for the hood but for the doors and trunk isnt there a built in switch already? when any of them are opened the inside light comes on so does anyone know if i could hook up the oem sensors to trip the alarm?? :?
By JNav93
#148836 the only reason i posted on here was because i knew you would reply lol.. i guess i have to do what it says on causeforalarm :thumb:
By JNav93
#148839 k so on the chart it says the color is dark green/red (-).. and the power unlock is green/red.. but this isnt the same right? and do u know where the easiest place is to find the door trigger?
By suspendedHatch
JNav93 wrote:the only reason i posted on here was because i knew you would reply lol.. i guess i have to do what it says on causeforalarm :thumb:

Really? I sold my Civic and I don't come on here that often.

The door trigger wire is a very thick insulated wire found in the running board. The power door lock and unlock wires are both on the same harness near the main relay.

No, they definitely aren't the same. One wire activates the dome light and the other controls the door locks. Completely different circuits and functions and the only thing they have in common is that they have "door" in their names.

I would be extremely surprised if this info isn't on my site. Don't forget to check the 94 Integra write-up as the two cars are identical. Each install I did had a different combination of sensors; a different model alarm, etc. One car will have power door locks and another gets actuators.