In Car Entertainment & Security
By pancake
#138034 ok guys i have a sony xplod headunit that came with the car when i purchased it. its has been perfect ever since i bought it, but just having a drive back something really odd happened

as i was driving, my headunit decided to crank itself to max volume. not only did it scare the shit out of me and made me take my eyes off the road, but the volume button became really sensitive after that. like even if i just lay my finger on it, it would go up.

so i decided to drive a bit more after i toned down the volume, and then it started cranking itself up again. what is causing this? :( it really bothered me and was a huge distraction. help please!
By Chance
#138035 That's weird dude.. I had a sony xplode deck in my last hatch and never had a problem :? not sure what would cause that.
By dawg316
#138073 sony xplod. theres your problem lol. seriously though, the problem lays within the headunit. you gotta go get a new one.

thats odd becuase the xplod i put in my moms car has been good and i have been runnin it for about 3-4 years now
By PandaHatch
#143652 Definatly an internal error with something and sony decks arent that good honestly. I hate there whole lineup. best bet is to order a new radio from www.crutchfield.com get an alpine or a kenwood. look to spend about $150 for something decent and if anything goes wrong with it in a year you send it back and they will swap it out or repair without the headache. I used to work there and they have great customer service and tech support 24hrs.