In Car Entertainment & Security
By xwhitchx
#135736 ok i got this alarm off ebay...like 6-9mouths ago and i finailly put it in my car, but it is not working right, here a pic of how to wire it up:

here are the problems:
-i have every thing hooked up besides the Foot Brake, ch4, ch3,ch2,c1 (ch# are not needed)
+ door signel (car doesnt have one)

so i lock the doors with the remote and it will lock but the dome light will not go out, and after like 10-20secs the alarm goes off.

the odd thing it it was working fine be for i put all the panels back to getter, ill have to check if a wire came undone, but its too dark to see right now, and i really dont think thats the problem.

could it be something with the alarm setting?
i dont know what to think, and need some input plz, and thanks for your time. (when i get this working i'll make a DIY :thumb: )
By edcortez9
#157738 Well im a car audio and alarm installer so I can try to help you out on this.. The dome light is suppose to turn off after all door triggers are closed if it remains on is most likely cuz the triggers are not working disconnect the door triggers or the output trigger on the alarm and see if it goes off if it doens well then that was your problem
By suspendedHatch
xwhitchx wrote:+ door signel (car doesnt have one)

What makes you think your car doesn't have door triggers? When you open the door, the dome light comes on. How do you think the dome light knows when the door is open?

It's a super thick light green/red wire in the driver's kick panel. It's a negative trigger.