In Car Entertainment & Security
By LPUK
#135267 1. I've got an aftermarket head unit in and everytime I fire the car up, my entire stereo resets. Nothing. All my settings all gone, it's a nightmare, so I've totally given up on the radio!

Anyone know any way that I can prevent this from happening? so there is always power to the headunit, until I take the face off! Just so I don't lose my settings and shit!

2. Front speakers, how the hell do I get fresh wires to it!? that hole is pretty freaking small, I'm still gonna keep the original plug in tact though!

3. Rear speakers, I'm gonna find a way to put them in the panels, but I don't and cannot find gathers speaker covers!

Does anyone know of an alternative cover that may've been done? or a way I could cut the panels and put a speaker cover in there!

4. How the hell do I replace the aerial, mine's been snapped off and I wanna replace it with a smaller one! I took the screws off but the thing wont move!!

Any help is a plus!

Luke.
By Method
LPUK wrote:1. I've got an aftermarket head unit in and everytime I fire the car up, my entire stereo resets. Nothing. All my settings all gone, it's a nightmare, so I've totally given up on the radio!

Anyone know any way that I can prevent this from happening? so there is always power to the headunit, until I take the face off! Just so I don't lose my settings and shit!

2. Front speakers, how the hell do I get fresh wires to it!? that hole is pretty freaking small, I'm still gonna keep the original plug in tact though!

3. Rear speakers, I'm gonna find a way to put them in the panels, but I don't and cannot find gathers speaker covers!

Does anyone know of an alternative cover that may've been done? or a way I could cut the panels and put a speaker cover in there!

4. How the hell do I replace the aerial, mine's been snapped off and I wanna replace it with a smaller one! I took the screws off but the thing wont move!!

Any help is a plus!

Luke.

i dont know about the other questions, but this one seems like a bad idea, leaving power on all the time to your unit. you will draw to much power and drain the battery. first find out waht is wrong with the headunit. try looking on the units website for manuals or something.
By LPUK
#135298 I'm not sure you understand what I mean, I just want that power that other cars provide so that the settings are maintained, even the clock resets!

Luke.
By dawg316
LPUK wrote:1. I've got an aftermarket head unit in and everytime I fire the car up, my entire stereo resets. Nothing. All my settings all gone, it's a nightmare, so I've totally given up on the radio!

Any help is a plus!

Luke.

1) it keeps reseting becuase in the back the constant power (AKA 12V battery) wire is either damaged , not connected, or the head unit is f-d. check the blue wire with white stripe.

2)why do you need to run new wires to the front speakers ? are you planning on running aftermarket componats them amplifing them? there are tricks to squeeze wires through the rubur hole/grommet online. serch

3)dont realy understand.

4) http://www.civicforums.com/forums/183-6th-gen-honda-civic/317294-95-civic-antenna-replacement.html that should help you with your atenna problems.

most of the stuff you can just search into google and find the answer
By LPUK
#135506 Basically, in all of my other cars, I have used this one same headunit right.

In everyone, I turn the ignition on, stereo pops on, and all my settings and radio stations, and time is still there.

It's not happening with the civic though!

Thanks for the help with the aerial thing, I'll get 'er donee!

A cheaper alternative to these

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/JDM-92-95-CIVIC-HATCH-GATHERS-REAR-SIDE-SPEAKERS-COVERS_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp3286Q2em63Q2el1177QQhashZitem3ef73e52aaQQitemZ270436029098QQptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

I want to run aftermarket speakers in the front, but run fresh wire to the back of my headunit!

Luke.
By dawg316
LPUK wrote:Basically, in all of my other cars, I have used this one same headunit right.

In everyone, I turn the ignition on, stereo pops on, and all my settings and radio stations, and time is still there.

It's not happening with the civic though!

Thanks for the help with the aerial thing, I'll get 'er donee!

A cheaper alternative to these

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/JDM-92-95-CIVIC-HATCH-GATHERS-REAR-SIDE-SPEAKERS-COVERS_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp3286Q2em63Q2el1177QQhashZitem3ef73e52aaQQitemZ270436029098QQptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

I want to run aftermarket speakers in the front, but run fresh wire to the back of my headunit!

Luke.

Definatly check the wiring on the headunit then. make shure the corect colour wires match up with the correct wires on the headunit from the harness. the problem is the 12 volt batery. my bet is that the 12v battery is getting 12 volt ignition. so check that

you can run aftermarket speakers in the front by just puttin them in cutting the stock 2 pin harness and soldering them to the new speaker. or crimp. but why do you need to run fresh wires to the back of your headunit ?
By LPUK
#135516 The original harness is being dodgey, left speaker just isn't getting anything!

The driver side speaker has a honda clip in the back of the speaker, what is up with that?!

Luke.
By dawg316
#135541 post some pics dude. becuase im kinda getting lost here lol. if the left speaker isnt working then check for power at the speaker termanals. if there isnt any power when the sterio is on. that means the wire was cut somewere between the radio and the speaker ,which is unlikely ( but happend to my buddies teg) or the main culprit being the radio harness.

its all seems to add up, to your problem beeing the head unit harness/wiring.

Check this wiring guide and make shure everything is right. http://www.the12volt.com/installbay/stereodetail/1048.html
By LPUK
#135577 I'm pretty good with wiring, and from what I can guess, it's the wiring! The drivers side always has power, but passenger is dodgey.

I'm gonna sort the ignition wiring out and merge the yellow and red as it has been with all my old set ups, no problems there!

What do you need pictures of guys?

Luke.
By LPUK
#135679 Ok sorted, no more problem with it resetting, merged the red and yellow and hooked it up to 12v battery plug.

Clipped off the plug on the drivers side speaker, it's now got new connectors, and a new speaker attached to it.

Passenger side, omfg...wires were cut, and exposed, the whole thing was just wrapped in selotape, so forever shorting, and not working!

Whoever did the last owners wiring, was fucking shit. I mean like seriously! Getting some rear speakers in place of my spare wheel now, just gotta cut the board!

Aerial to come. Thanks for your help guys, that diagram helped a lot!

Luke.
By dawg316
#135762 lol knew it. I have been installing sterios for like a year now and all the ones i have done, the previous owner always managed to do something stupid to surprise me. haha

you planning to run subwoofers in the spare tire well?
By LPUK
#135841 No, I'm not big on woofers and shit, just a couple 6x9's and that'll do, I'd rather spend my money in the engine bay!

Luke.
By dawg316
#135892 6x9's arent going to do shit in the spare tire well. you wont even hear them. just put some new 5.25 in the rear ( standard speaker for hatch i belive) and call it done.
By LPUK
#135896 I'll see how it goes dude, already got 5 1/4's in the front. They went in well, and sound beast, so thought I'd chuck the others in anyway.

Not totally sure I'll even bother to be honest though. Really cannot be bothered with sound systems. Just wanna get my b16 motor in there.

Luke.