In Car Entertainment & Security
By Simmons
#133994 I have a 12" sub.
I need some ideas on placement and how to mount it
so that my spare wheel can still be easy to remove :?
By Chance
#134000 Just make a box for it and set it back there. That way you can move it whenever you need too. Simple and effective :thumb:
By dawg316
#134029 I got a 12" in my sedan. just get a box and stick it in there. for a single sub your not going to need a huge box that takes up room in the trunk.

I have no problems accessing my spare with my sub still in my trunk
By Ajax1989
#134085 i just put 2 10's in my car today and my size box you can still acces the spare..

but wat egsedanguy said is priceless
:lol: :lol:
a spare sub :thumb:
By drago742gtr
egsedanguy wrote:just add another 12 in place of the spair tire.. then you will have a spair sub in case your other blows. :thumb:

:thumb:
By Matt.M
egsedanguy wrote:just add another 12 in place of the spair tire.. then you will have a spair sub in case your other blows. :thumb:

Sigged.
By Simmons
#134189 I have my sud in a box,problem is that it moves and falls around in the boot.
+ i have a spare rim,and the hole isnt deep enough for a rim :?
By Coplies
#136908 I had the same problem with my sub. It is a single 12" and it would slide around a lot. So what I did was cut a piece of plywood that would lay across the truck where the original flap went. Then I nailed some trim in a square around the base of the box to keep it in place. Last I cut and hinged the last foot or so of the plywood so that the spare could still be accessed. Carpet is on the way lol.

I can add pics later if you like, my camera is dead atm[/img]
By Simmons
Coplies wrote:I had the same problem with my sub. It is a single 12" and it would slide around a lot. So what I did was cut a piece of plywood that would lay across the truck where the original flap went. Then I nailed some trim in a square around the base of the box to keep it in place. Last I cut and hinged the last foot or so of the plywood so that the spare could still be accessed. Carpet is on the way lol.

I can add pics later if you like, my camera is dead atm[/img]

Plz plz plz take some pics,coz mine was sliding and flipping around in my boot.
By Coplies
#137949 so first remove the original cover
then cut a piece of plywood to cover the spare tire well, i had to round out the top corners
then nail some small pieces of wood trim around the base of the sub
then cut off the last foot or so of the plywood and install hinges
then just place the plywood in the trunk and get it lined up
last drop the sub into place and it wont move no matter how hard you corner
you can also still lift up the flap and get the spare out without moving the sub
By Simmons
#138236 I will be doing this soon.
Thanks to all of you :thumb:
By Simmons
#139686 I was thinking of sumthing like this and mount the amp under the wood.
:?
Seeing that my spare weel is a spare rim,the hole 4 the spare is not deep enough