In Car Entertainment & Security
By 102hp
#131598 So I bought my 93' Civic hatch from en elderly woman a month ago. After I removed the stock stereo I found the wire male wire harness all messed up.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/40598658@N07/

How can I get the wires back into the male wiring harness?

I posted on another forum but didn't get a great response, please reply, thanks.
By asianrob
#131600 id say go to the salvage and cut off another radio plug as far back as you can and then cut even the harness and rewire from there. by the looks of it id try to get as much of the radio plug harness i could so that way you have enough room to pull your radio out when you need to and what not. and when you match all the wires dont forget to use heat shrink or but connectors or what ever you prefer.
By teal_dx
#131606 that sucks, what a hack job :thumbdown:
Don't you love other people's mess?
As DC4rob said, but I would definitely solder and use heat shrink to be safe in the long run. Butt connectors are fast but not as strong. The last thing you want is a short in the electrical system.

The other option is to buy new pins from Honda and the tool to crimp them, but cutting a whole new clip w/ wires from the junk yard will be faster & easier... probably cheaper too knowing dealership prices!
By LPUK
#135266 OMG That is fucked! I spent like £3 buying a harness that connects to that, and adapts to my new style!

That's the sort of stuff that really does my head in!

Luke.
By suspendedHatch
#135741 Best Buy and other retailers sell the male side brand new.
By 92egdxhatch
#135746 if u go to a salvage yard u can get the whole harness for the radio it unplugs
By PandaHatch
#143655 the hell with it mine was hacked I did a hard wire
By JNav93
#150895 wha???? best buy sells em?? :shock: when my deck got jacked they took the male side with the radio.. u know the price range from best buy?