In Car Entertainment & Security
By egferiolv
#127219 im looking to buy some door speakers for my car. there 6.5. but idk which brand i should get? i was think either premier or infinity? i jus want good sound and not to much bass but not too little. thanks :D
By aznsyco
#127230 the front is 5 1/4. and the back is 6.5
By egferiolv
aznsyco wrote:the front is 5 1/4. and the back is 6.5

no fronts are 6.5
By dawg316
#127247 depends what car. my sedan is 6.5" front and back
coupes and hatches both have 6.5" in front and 5.25" in the rears
By egferiolv
#127253 so there the same in hatch and coupe and sedan in fronts right?
i got a sedan so it 6.5.
but still havent got no answer of what i ask in the begin :?
By asianrob
#127314 FRONTS ARE NOT 6.5.. thats the size of the hole! the Speaker bracket it self holds 5 1/4. I dont care what HONDA says. that that fucking speaker bracking isnt going to hold a 6.5 speaker even if you mod the mother fucker.
By dawg316
#127581 i went out to my garage right now and measured my oem speakers for my sedan and there 6.25". i replaced them with after market 6.5"
By egsedanguy
#127585 ok the fronts are 5 1/4 if you dont belive i will take a damn pic and show you. the diamiter of the hole is 6.5 but hold a 5 1/4 speaker. the back will fit 6.5. this has been gone over time and time agin. this is what you need to do. take out the old speaker and look at it. if its stock it will read 5 1/4. also yes you can fit a 6.5 in the door but will have to mod the whle to fit. i had 6.5 in front and the never fit right. way to big.
By asianrob
egsedanguy wrote:ok the fronts are 5 1/4 if you dont belive i will take a damn pic and show you. the diamiter of the hole is 6.5 but hold a 5 1/4 speaker. the back will fit 6.5. this has been gone over time and time agin. this is what you need to do. take out the old speaker and look at it. if its stock it will read 5 1/4. also yes you can fit a 6.5 in the door but will have to mod the whle to fit. i had 6.5 in front and the never fit right. way to big.

i had same problem i said fuck it at did it all ghetto lol
By matt is (eg6)
#127644 i have kicker components in mine......but i would go with boston!!!! and when i bought my car some guy cut a whole in the back speaker cover and put a 6x9 in there dumb bastard
By egferiolv
DC4rob wrote:FRONTS ARE NOT 6.5.. thats the size of the hole! the Speaker bracket it self holds 5 1/4. I dont care what HONDA says. that that fucking speaker bracking isnt going to hold a 6.5 speaker even if you mod the mother fucker.

well tell me why i jus bought some cheap speakers at walmart some pioneer ones 6.5 and they fit in right for the front? are they diffeerent in other year model ?
By egferiolv
egsedanguy wrote:ok the fronts are 5 1/4 if you dont belive i will take a damn pic and show you. the diamiter of the hole is 6.5 but hold a 5 1/4 speaker. the back will fit 6.5. this has been gone over time and time agin. this is what you need to do. take out the old speaker and look at it. if its stock it will read 5 1/4. also yes you can fit a 6.5 in the door but will have to mod the whle to fit. i had 6.5 in front and the never fit right. way to big.

well ill take a pic and show yu. i havent changed anything in there nothing, and bought some 6.5, fits in perfect. :thumb:
By egferiolv
#127997 Well i decieded to buy some pioneer ones from wal mart 6.5 :thumb: and fit in good, but over all, those alpine type r sound the best out of any speaker i ve heard but everyone had different taste.