In Car Entertainment & Security
By pedroa06
#125304 okay well i got my amp and sub ready now i just need a amplifier kit.. so i was looking around and what the difference from a 100 watt kit to a 500 watt kit?
By GoRide
#125315 amp kit :S do u mean the wiring?
By egsedanguy
#125329 get the monster cabel kit. 500+ amp kit. also when running your power and rca cabels. dont run them right next to eachother. run the power cabel down the pass side and the rca cabels down the center. otherwise you risk getting cross interferiance from the power going threw the power cabel and will cross to the rca,s and make a weird noise threw the subs. whining noise to be exact. and also your ground, one of the most fucked up thing ppl do when installing. the best way is to run the ground threw the trunks floor pan threw a rubber grommet and find a nice spot on the body frame. sand it to bear metal and put a metal ring thing on the end of the ground cabel so you can screw it to the rail were you sanded. then once it screwed on tight take a lil black spray paint or primer and spray over it. you dont want it to rust off.
By 92egdxhatch
egsedanguy wrote:get the monster cabel kit. 500+ amp kit. also when running your power and rca cabels. dont run them right next to eachother. run the power cabel down the pass side and the rca cabels down the center. otherwise you risk getting cross interferiance from the power going threw the power cabel and will cross to the rca,s and make a weird noise threw the subs. whining noise to be exact. and also your ground, one of the most fucked up thing ppl do when installing. the best way is to run the ground threw the trunks floor pan threw a rubber grommet and find a nice spot on the body frame. sand it to bear metal and put a metal ring thing on the end of the ground cabel so you can screw it to the rail were you sanded. then once it screwed on tight take a lil black spray paint or primer and spray over it. you dont want it to rust off.

x2 thats how mine is wired, and a good groend makes a big difference :thumb:
By misir00
#125454 it all depends on how many watts your amp
if your amp is 500 watts get a wiring kit that is 500 watts
and get a capacitor so you dont kill your battery and burn out your altenator
By pedroa06
#125510 ok thanks..
about the capiciter do u think i will need one if its just one 10 at like 200 watts?
By 92egdxhatch
#125512 you usually only need a capacitor if your pushing over 1000 watts
By sqsi
pedroa06 wrote:ok thanks..
about the capiciter do u think i will need one if its just one 10 at like 200 watts?

You dont need a capacitor at all. dont waste your money
By pedroa06
#125516 oh ok thanks i was like man another thing i need to go spend cash on ..
so only use a capiciter if im pushing over 1000 watts thanks guys ill post pics once i get everything together and in..
By egsedanguy
sqsi wrote:

no thats not true. if your running a system thats pushing 1000 watts you need a cap. are cars cant keep the jucie pumping the subs at a steady beat. your light will dimm like crazy and will make your car lower rpm every beat. plus a cap is not only saving your batterie and electrical system but will keep power in it to push the subs at a constant freq. shit i have a cap and my light still dim. and caps dont runn in watts. and for a lil 500 watt system you can get a cap for 20 bucks. i dont see that being a waste of money. ya if your in a fucking tahoe or big truck that had a jiant altanator and battery it will be able to handel. but are 80 amp alts and tiny batteries were not made to handel that kind of power draw. if you dont want to run a cap, thats on you. but i would never tell somone its a waste of money. i like keeping my charging system in good shape and not kill my batteri.
By egsedanguy
misir00 wrote:it all depends on how many watts your amp
if your amp is 500 watts get a wiring kit that is 500 watts
and get a capacitor so you dont kill your battery and burn out your altenator

ok well this is how i see it. dont look at what the watts on the kits. and if its a 250 watt system dont get a 250 watt kit. get a bigger kit. why put it in with the smallest of wires? what happens if you deside to run a bigger amp and sub somwere down the road? you just gonna buy another kit? and really, dont buy a kit. go to an audio store get like 15ft of power cord at least 8gage, 1 inline fuse holder witha 45amp fuse, 2 feet of ground(the bigger the ground the better, so run 4 gage) a set of good rca cabels. and like a roll of blue 14 gage speaker wire to run the remote. i only run 4 gage for my sub amp. but thats my imput so its up to you from here :thumb:
By sqsi
egsedanguy wrote:
sqsi wrote:

no thats not true. if your running a system thats pushing 1000 watts you need a cap. are cars cant keep the jucie pumping the subs at a steady beat. your light will dimm like crazy and will make your car lower rpm every beat. plus a cap is not only saving your batterie and electrical system but will keep power in it to push the subs at a constant freq. shit i have a cap and my light still dim. and caps dont runn in watts. and for a lil 500 watt system you can get a cap for 20 bucks. i dont see that being a waste of money. ya if your in a fucking tahoe or big truck that had a jiant altanator and battery it will be able to handel. but are 80 amp alts and tiny batteries were not made to handel that kind of power draw. if you dont want to run a cap, thats on you. but i would never tell somone its a waste of money. i like keeping my charging system in good shape and not kill my batteri.

An upgraded alternator and a decent battery would be the best way to go. I am running 3 amps, the sub amp is 1000 watts the other 2 are 4x150. Stock alternator and a Kinetik Battery. No issues and I do car audio competitions. I did buy a 120 amp alternator, but have yet to install it.
By misir00
#125526 egsedanguy knows what hes talking about
it also depends on how much u wanna spend
By egsedanguy
#125529 true true. that is the best way but i know its not the chepest. but i dont think he will do that. just tryen to make sure he gets it done right the first time. since i been working on systems i have found out there is really no shortcuts and the better the product the better your system. i found cheap wire kit corrod and fall apart and rca cabel fail after only a couple months. i have had 5 diff system setups in my old car and sofar only 1 in my civic. but to really have good system for your self by your self is read a book on what everything in a system is and what it does. to better understand the diff between watts and ohms, what a cap is, how to mach amps to subs, tunning etc,etc,etc.but good luck with the install. get pic so we can see how it set.