In Car Entertainment & Security
By egsedanguy
misir00 wrote:egsedanguy knows what hes talking about
it also depends on how much u wanna spend

well having frineds with 149db systems and working at audio shops i have learnd a bit. i dont know it all but i know how to get a system to slap. and ya it does matter on how much you wanna spend. shit i hade all new speakers in my car for under 100 bucks. ya its sounds ok but if i cranked it up the speakers would distort. i actually just last night installed a set of toxic audio 5 1/4 in my front doors. and holly shit are they nice. my boy got them from his shop for free :thumb: same guy with the 149 db s10. he had 2 toxic 12 subs and his shit is fucking loud. ill get pics.
By Ajax1989
egsedanguy wrote:

well having frineds with 149db systems and working at audio shops i have learnd a bit. i dont know it all but i know how to get a system to slap. and ya it does matter on how much you wanna spend. shit i hade all new speakers in my car for under 100 bucks. ya its sounds ok but if i cranked it up the speakers would distort. i actually just last night installed a set of toxic audio 5 1/4 in my front doors. and holly shit are they nice. my boy got them from his shop for free :thumb: same guy with the 149 db s10. he had 2 toxic 12 subs and his shit is fucking loud. ill get pics.

damn i have a friends with 4 15in kicker L7[squares] in his explorer
but ya workin in or around a auido shop helps
thats where i gots my knowledge of systems!
*cough* loudest sys in highschool in my ek*cough*
:lol:
By sqsi
egsedanguy wrote:

It's all good. One of the guys I roll with has an s10 as well 149dB with a single Alpine typer R 10. It's pretty sick. Sorry to the OP for getting off topic
By egsedanguy
#125547 lol thread jacked. ya he enters hella db drags here. he got best in sacramento not to long ago. they are build ing a van with 4 18in subs. ther tryent to get state with it. but illl get some pics of some my buddies setups. i love sound. lol he was at a meet with me last night and with only 1 door open he set of like 6 alarms in the parking lot and ther were people coming out of the stores to see wtf was going on lol. he set one ladys alarm off 2 times and she was hella pissed lol.he can do the hair trick to. :thumb:
By JlaudioEGFreak
#138070 Yeah totally dont use a capacitor... They are just a band aid. If you want more power right away just Run a second battery with a inline battery isolator. Or just retro fit a Gm 300 amp alternator on your Car.... I did.

(the bigger the ground the better, so run 4 gauge

If your running 8 gauge to the amp just run a 8 gauge ground. if your carrying 8 gauge in your only sending 8 gauge out buying 4 gauge for a ground is a waste of money just do 4 gauge all around its good for pulling about 80 amps of current.
By PandaHatch
#143654 very good info here:
http://www.crutchfield.com/App/Tab/Learn.aspx
will give you diagrams and all kinds of usefull shit. :thumb:

This is a more specific spot for you to look at. pick one link and read.
http://www.crutchfield.com/App/Learn/Ar ... 42&tp=1053