In Car Entertainment & Security
By BaTzEG92
#125186 Hey everyone,

My hatch currently has a "Pyle Watchdog" one-way alarm system installed. Pretty sure it only has shock sensors and is linked to interior light.

Trouble is, I contacted Pyle and they've never heard of the alarm model I have, nor can they offer any sort of replacement alarm fob or information. So while I have a spare key for the hatch, if I lose the one fob I have...there goes driving.

I bought the car from a car electronics shop (alarms, stereos, remote starts, etc.) and the owner offered me the following 3 options:

$150 for Viper 1-way system
$200 for Viper 2-way LED system (http://www.viper.com/P-3202V/Viper+3002+Led+2-way+Security+System pretty sure this is the one based on the remote he showed me)
$300 for Viper 2-way LCD system

All prices include installation. Looking on Viper's site, this seems like a really good deal because the cheapest 1-way system I saw is $240. Plus, he said he'd only charge $10 should I lose/break a fob as opposed to paying Viper's ~$80.

I don't think I would go with the LCD, so I'm kinda in between the one-and-two way. What do you guys think? Is it worth doing this at all, and if so which would you pick?

By Ajax1989
#125214 imo would go with the 2 way
its only 50 bucks more :thumb:
By egsedanguy
#125306 my girl has a prestige 2 way system. 450 + change. its very nice having 2-way. thatway when somthing on you car get touched your pager will let you know. also has like 350 yard signal strength. when you are looking at the alarms think to your self and say" how much is my car worth to me?" the better the alarm the better the chances of a thief not taking your car. whould ya buy a cheap car seat for your baby?nope. so spend the lil extra and get the better choice. :thumb:
By BaTzEG92
#125446 Thanks for your input guys, I appreciate it.

I'm gonna go with the two way, it IS only $50 extra and adds quite a bit of reassurance with the system.

And overall I'd say the prices look good, unless he plans on using 10 year old Viper products that are dirt cheap :-)