In Car Entertainment & Security
By pedroa06
#123832 well im gonna install a jl 10w1v2-4.. and im wondering before i install it should i get 2 tens or is taht 2 ricer lolz...?
what amp will be good for 1 10"?
Last edited by pedroa06 on Sat Jul 11, 2009 3:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
By Chance
#123835 IMO 1-10 in a hatch would hit decent.. idk about a sedan, 2 might hit much better. Are you puttin them in the trunk?
By pedroa06
#123895 yeah its a 4 door.. and i can either put 1 10" jl or 2 12" alamani .. but in my opinion i havent really heard of alamani and jl is pretty popular ..
a simple question will the 10" make my seat vibrate? no homo.. :lol: just wondering because i atleast want to feel my sub hitting..
By Chance
#123898 Where are you putting it/them? behind your seat? or in your trunk?.. You'll feel it if it is behind your seat! idk if you'd feel it in your seat from the trunk.. maybe a lil :?
By Ajax1989
#123921 1 jl should make your seat vibrate, with the sub in the truck, and imo 2 subs aint ricey, i had 2 rockford fosgate 12in p1's in the back of my ek sedan, and they fuckin hit!! i had the loudest sys. in my high school.

and the amp all depends on what watt the sub is
what is the wattage for the sub??

but it all comes down to wat deck you have what amp you have, what kinda box your sub is in all that..will determine if your car will sound nice or like a ratttle can..lol
By ohDirka
#123981 I've got a single kicker 12 in my car and it quakes. 2 is not ricer unless you make a full trunk fiberglass enclosure.
By 92egdxhatch
#124007 1 10 rockford p3 hits hard as hell in my hatch, i had it in a prelude for a while it hit hard in the trunk too, if you get the right 10 it will hit hard for sure
By ohDirka
92egdxhatch wrote: if you get the right 10 it will hit hard for sure

A JL with a nice amp will rock out too
By dawg316
#124153 JLs are crazy. i got 1- 12" alpine type e in my eg and it kicks like jackie chan. so i think you will be good with a single 10 especially if its a JL
By 92egdxhatch
D15kid wrote:
92egdxhatch wrote: if you get the right 10 it will hit hard for sure

A JL with a nice amp will rock out too

oh no doubt im just not a fan of w3's, i like w6's

edit: i like subs that push about 500 rms :thumb: , the rockford p3 10 is the hardest hitting single 10 i have heard, i know there are louder subs, but really you should get what you like and what you think will sound best for you.
By Chance
dawg316 wrote:JLs are crazy. i got 1- 12" alpine type e in my eg and it kicks like jackie chan. so i think you will be good with a single 10 especially if its a JL

To bad it doesnt kick like a round house kick from chuck.. that would be a B A M F sub :D
By egsedanguy
#124172 im pumping 2 arc audio kar series 12in subs with cap and jl 500/1 slash series amp. my car nocks. but its not enoug for me. and rice and audio shouldnt be in the same sentance. i love my tunes and really want other ppl to here me coming. 1 10 will hit but its going to give you the soft bass and clear sound. good for a hatch if you are wanting more than just highs. and ther lighter. rather than 2 10in subs get 2 nice 8in subs. they make ones that will out slap a 12 any day. ther light weight and easy to remove when going to the track. its a bitch 2 get my 12in subs out. there hella heavy with box.
By Chance
egsedanguy wrote:really want other ppl to here me coming. .

I hate you people. Your music is for YOU to enjoy not share.
I've got 4, 12's (cant remember what brand) that rock Hard as fuck in my 87 burban (i have limo tinted black primered and slammed to the ground) but i still dont blast the fuck out the whole neighborhood.. If i turn it up loud.. the sign's at Gas stations shake like they are going to fall off the building. haha
By egsedanguy
#124181 well i dont go nocken threw the naboor hood. i do it out on main roads and stuff. i have enough respect not to rattle the windows of ppls houses while they try to sleep. lol but when all the windows on my car are closed its not as bad as when there down. you can here me befor you see i got king kong in my trunk. lol but if i ever come by your house ill turn it up extra loud 4 ya :D
By asianrob
#124237 do 2 10's... i got 2 10W0's in mine and they hit really hard.... considering i got a 800.4 Rockford fosgate amp too.