In Car Entertainment & Security
By 92egdxhatch
#124431 well almost, the RMS is the continuous power the sub can take, for your 1 10 you can get a 300 watt amp that pushes 150 watts RMS (continuously)
this shit can be really confusing :wink:
By egsedanguy
#124433 match the rms from a amp to the rms on the sub. if you sub need 150amps to push then by a amp that is 200 amps. better to have more power than not enoug. i hate when someone get a amp thats to small and had evry gage maxed out. my amp is plenty of power for 2 subs. and the amp is only up like 1/2 -3/4 of the way. also use a mono block amp. its designed for bass. also need somthing with a goo ohm rating. like 2ohm stable. then if your subs are good you can bridge it for a lil extra bump. get dual voice coil subs. they have a wider range of bass. go to a good shop and jest let them know what your looking for. the combos of base and amp setups is endless.
By egsedanguy
92egdxhatch wrote:well almost, the RMS is the continuous power the sub can take, for your 1 10 you can get a 300 watt amp that pushes 150 watts RMS (continuously)
this shit can be really confusing :wink:

X2. :lol:
By 92egdxhatch
egsedanguy wrote:match the rms from a amp to the rms on the sub. if you sub need 150amps to push then by a amp that is 200 amps. better to have more power than not enoug. i hate when someone get a amp thats to small and had evry gage maxed out. my amp is plenty of power for 2 subs. and the amp is only up like 1/2 -3/4 of the way. also use a mono block amp. its designed for bass. also need somthing with a goo ohm rating. like 2ohm stable. then if your subs are good you can bridge it for a lil extra bump. get dual voice coil subs. they have a wider range of bass. go to a good shop and jest let them know what your looking for. the combos of base and amp setups is endless.

x2 easiest way to look at it
By pedroa06
#124442 alrite thanks so one last questions since i have two of those almanis 12"s do i add up the rms on the subs and find a amp thatll match the closest or i dont add them up?

yeah this shit is a bit confusing but if i go o a shop not knowing anything i buy a bunch of worthless stuff that i dont even need hahah.. :lol:
By 92egdxhatch
#124447 no u dont add them up, the amp will push them both
By pedroa06
#124449 ok thanks so ima go pick up a 200 amp for the 10 and a 400 watt 2 channel for the 2 12"..
correct me if im wrong..?
By pedroa06
#124453 alrite kool thanks alot guys ill let u know how they hit once there in...
:thumb:
By egsedanguy
#124461 just make sure they are mono block. dont use amps that are for you highs. ya it will work but not that good. bridge the 12in subs off the 2 chanel. you will get more ohms. also pick up a adio book that tells you waht everything means. it will asist you in making the right dessisions,
By pedroa06
#129717 well ive been taking awhile and finally picked up an amp but im not sure if i picked up the rite one :lol:
http://www.crutchfield.com/S-IsV6MmP8Vy ... 7300M.html

will that work on 1 jl 10w1v2-4?

hopefully it does because i just picked up the amp and some montser wires :thumb:
By Eg6H2D
#131441 Kenwood KAC-9104D
1800W Max, Class D Monoblock Amplifier

Pioneer Premier TS-W2501D4
2500W Max, 10" Dual 4 ohms Champion PRO Series Subwoofer

best 10inch bang for you buck. hit's hard as hell in my eg.. WITH a ported box..

www.sonicelectronix.com

dont sleep on the site. great prices!!!
By egsedanguy
#131688 yup it will work..

this is what the power will be just running it normal....250 watts RMS x 1 at 4 ohms

this is what it will be brigged.....(360 watts RMS x 1 at 2 ohms)

brigge that fucker, tune it in and slap like a motha... :thumb: will work just fine.