ECU, Wiring, Sensors
By egsedanguy
#192188 um i drilled a hole bout 3 inch round. i had to drill from outside cause i couldnt get the drill to fit under the dash. you also will need to remove the ac/fan box and clove box to make thing easer. the more you remove the easer it will be to move stuff.
By 93hatcheg
#192579 ight cool is the ac box obvious to see whgat one it is? and is it hard to remove? cause i took out my ac when i got the car anyhow but i definatly want my heater lol
By 93hatcheg
#196846 ok teal so im about to restart working on my wire tuck so i can drive my beloved car again! lol! anyhows i got 2 questions and included piucs so if i could just get these answered ill be good to go ha

ight first i need to know if you extended the wires going to the engine harness in this pic

next iu need to know if there is a trick to getting this part of the harness into the engine bay?? im havig the damndest time lol
By egsedanguy
#196983 have to drill a hole for the engine harnness. and for the headlamps u need to remove fenders and you will see a lil black hole plug. pop it off and ther is were you run the wires.
By teal_dx
#197069 Image
I extended the wires on the top right, you can see all my bright colored wires instead of the black loom from the factory.

That lower right plug you're talking about.. is that the one with the 2 really thick wires? You can extend that too, just be sure you use the proper gauge wire, nothing thinner than what is already there. :thumb:

The only wires you have to be careful extending are shielded wires. The o2 sensor and dizzy parts of the harness are shielded.
By 93hatcheg
#197081 ight so thanks for the info guys i actaully jumped the gun and went forth it with the tuck today. i pulled the dash out witch was quite eay actually :thumb:

on another note does anybody know where i can get rubber plugs to plug the holes the wires used to run through??
By 93hatcheg
#197291 sweeet thanks man!
By 92egdxhatch
#199785 when i move the battery i just run the positive back to the fuse box and the car will have power right?
By Ajax1989
92egdxhatch wrote:when i move the battery i just run the positive back to the fuse box and the car will have power right?

it should, just make sure the starter is connected :thumb:
By 92egdxhatch
#199841 im removing heat/ac/defrost what do i do about the coolant lines for the heater core?
By Ajax1989
92egdxhatch wrote:im removing heat/ac/defrost what do i do about the coolant lines for the heater core?

get one of these

and hook the coolant hoses together

we did this when my heater core went out on my ranger back in the day :thumb:
By 92egdxhatch
#199846 where can i get one?
By Ajax1989
#199849 auto zone, kargens, your local auto part store
or home depo, lowes.. it just a universal hose connector type thing :thumb:
By 92egdxhatch
#199975 okay i want to move my battery into the interior, id like to put it under the dash do you guys have any suggestions?