ECU, Wiring, Sensors
By teal_dx
#220854 I think it was just the o2 sensor wires - 4 of them. I made an extension harness for the o2 sensor that plugs in and extends the o2 sensor wires about 16" so I wouldn't have to cut into the shielded wires in the o2 harness.
By mysickeg6
#220857 really? just the o2 sensor, cause people are always talking about extending the whole engine harness and what not.. so basically the injectors and all the wires/plugs reach where there suppose to be around the block with out extending them?
By teal_dx
#220893 You'll see everything that you need to extend when you sit down with your engine and harness. Everyone does it differently. :thumb:
It's been almost 4 years since I did mine, I can't remember all the wires I extended but maybe I did the injectors too.

Most of the wires were long enough already. Think about it, they used to go to each shock tower and now you're bringing them to the middle of the firewall. That's not really any further for most of the wires. :thumb:
By AndyP
#221828 Anyone??

AndyP wrote:I have a question about the charcoal canister. Correct me if I'm wrong but there are two lines going to it, one for the gas tank and one from the throttle body. After you remove the canister, can you just have the hose from the throttle body connect to the return to the tank??

It's been so long since I started this project I'm starting to forget what my engine is supposed to look like when I put it all back together lol :(
By 93hatcheg
#221831 when i did mine i only had to extend my injector wires and ONE wire in the harness. i was able to untape my harness and re-arrange the wiring withgought cuttin them all up. pretty awesome i thought
By teal_dx
civickid18 wrote:what gauge of wire did you use to lengthen your harness wires?
I used the same gauge as the wire I was lengthening. Some are thicker/thinner than others. I think most of it was 16 ga.
By 92Si
#230413 first off. thats the best engine bay i have ever seen. and rattle can AWESOME. my question is, what did you do with the master cylinder resevoir? i think in i picture somewhere i saw it under the cowl panel? and hooked to the brake master cylinder?
By teal_dx
#230422 the one you saw in the cowl was for the clutch fluid. My car used to be auto and I shaved over the holes where the reservoir bolts to the shock tower, so I put it in the cowl. I don't have it there anymore, I upgraded to an S2000 clutch master cylinder, which has the reservoir attached to it.
By 92Si
#230429 aight, i tried looking up stuff for getting rid of the clutch resevoir. but couldnt find anything. and i already found the s2000 master cylinder. which looks clean. but not as clean as yours looked without one at all.
By teal_dx
#230447 I just put the s2k master in about a month ago, no pics up yet. I like the s2k one now because it doesn't have the black hose going up into the cowl form the mc. That just didn't look right to me. Plus I can put my wiper motor back in now :D
By 92Si
#230465 the wiper motor is a handy thing :wink: . and yeah the hose didnt look great but wasnt real noticable from looking at the whole engine bay from what i saw. but could the stock clutch master cylinder just be hooked to the brake master cylinder? if so that would be even cleaner than the s2000 one tucked down there.
By 92Si
#231201 kinda off topic, but was curious how that stage 3 xtd clutch held up? :?
By teal_dx
but could the stock clutch master cylinder just be hooked to the brake master cylinder?

like attach it to the brake MC somehow? I think it would take a lot (zip ties or brackets etc ) to make it secure and there would still be a hose running to it.

92Si wrote:kinda off topic, but was curious how that stage 3 xtd clutch held up? :?

great so far :thumb: