ECU, Wiring, Sensors
By miguel329
#165082 im in the middle of my tuck can i get rid of the rubber mat that is on the firewall or should i do wire tuck then put it back over top of the wires?
By miguel329
#165083 im talking about inside the car, my friend said its like a heat barrier, and someone else told me its to keep wires away from pedals ect.. just wondering how many keep it.. thanks
By miguel329
#165203 how did you get the driver side inside harness to reach to the center where the existing blower motor hole is? did you have to cut the wiper plug off to get it in where you did? thanks.
By miguel329
#165229 yea i figured that but the shock towerplugs that came out the driver side seems short to reach the center of the car(in the inside when i pulled it through...)... i hope im making sense lol..the
By J'95
#165930 Sure you know what you're doing !
Its gonna look badass!
By miguel329
#166692 hey i figured out driver side lol i was looking into it too much it was quit simple... now on to the engine harness! yay!
By pcbabb
#171246 What fittings do I need to convert the fuel line over to this braided hose like you have? I am doing a tuck/shave job on a 95 hatch with a h22. Any info would be great!

Edit: I just found your diy fuel line thread, so I guess my only question is does the fitting on the fuel rail have the same part #?
By hatchie
#175542 hey i kno i kinda late on this but doing the headlight wire tuck what actually needs to be done do achieve this (without the motor out already)

does fuse box or battery have to be taken out?

what wires are safe to cut and which ones arent?

adding HIDS so you think that'll give me enough play?

anything else you might think i should kno lol!

thanks teal
By teal_dx
hatchie wrote:hey i kno i kinda late on this but doing the headlight wire tuck what actually needs to be done do achieve this (without the motor out already)

does fuse box or battery have to be taken out?

what wires are safe to cut and which ones arent?

adding HIDS so you think that'll give me enough play?

anything else you might think i should kno lol!

thanks teal

You run the wires on the outside of the engine bay inside the fender/frame. I already had my fusebox/battery out. I don't know how difficult it would be to do it with them still in. The battery comes out in 20 seconds and the fuse box is a little harder, but comes out in 5 mins, so it's not a big deal to move to get the tuck done and then put them back. But you shouldn't need to. All the wires are safe to cut, just be sure you solder & shrink wrap them back together properly :thumb: Also disconnect the battery before starting of course.
Not sure about the HID situation, never messed with them in a civic.
Look through this thread, you'll see how I ran the wires through an existing hole :thumb:
By hatchie
#175691 check out the tread i made on this it has more ?'s
By DontHateonEG8
#177310 hey teal, quick question:
its security related.

How easy would you say it would be for a thief to cut the wires off at the fender entrance? Im talking about the point where the wire harness enters the fender from the cabin.

Thanks!