ECU, Wiring, Sensors
By JDMLighting
Vtec Civic 93 wrote:I bought an HID kit from jdmlighting.com and when i first turn the lights on they flicker. and 90% of the time they dont turn on first try. Usually they will both flash then turn off, or one will turn on and not the other. Takes a couple tries to get both to turn on. Any help?

If you ordered a regular single beam kit for your car and your car is a bi-xenon headlamp from the factory, you have to do some rewiring which if not done right will cause issues. Other thing is the ballasts need to be solid mounted, no ziptied to a random cable. Third you need to make sure that the wiring into the ballast is pushed all the way in so the clip is all the way locked in.

Another thing is you are just damaging the bulbs massively when doing that, if you read the instructions it asks you to leave the bulbs on 1-2 hours before going to normal driving conditions. This is because the bulbs needa break in period. So off and on and off and on and off and on is not helping you at all. Also check your OEM ground connections, they are 35w ballast but produce more current after power converting.

9 out of 10 times its single beam kits in bi-xenon housings not properly wired. I have done 100s of local install and never have flickering as an issue, so again usually installer error.

Another suggestion as its still cold outside, mount the ballast closer to the motor so they warm up faster. If its like 5 degrees out and you are just trying to use them give them a minute to warm up if they are closer to being exposed to lots of cold air.

But thing to do is check how you wired it up. But with the off on off on you are doing you are just destroying the bulbs.

If you have issues you are welcome to call us and we can assist you.
By CivicTypeR
#97864 LowTec, what K / lumens are yours???

Also what's the brighest light? 4300K?
By teal_dx
CivicTypeR wrote:LowTec, what K / lumens are yours???

Also what's the brighest light? 4300K?

4300k will have the brightest output. The higher K you go, the more blue-purple and less light output you get.

I'm either going to go with 4300k or 6000k... leaning toward the 4300k since I'm doing it because my oem lights suck (mustang)and not to be like "look I have HID's" I'm still in the research phase...
By CivicTypeR
#98118 Cheers :thumb: I have 8000K at the mo, and they suck.
By ZzZ.8.ZzZ
#98215 What type of HID where on that coupe up top??
By Gorveatt
ZzZ.8.ZzZ wrote:What type of HID where on that coupe up top??

Up top of what? you mean Derbo's coupe? he had TSX projectors retro'd in Denji housings
By CivicTypeR
Gorveatt wrote:

Up top of what? you mean Derbo's coupe? he had TSX projectors retro'd in Denji housings

What K are they?
By Gorveatt
CivicTypeR wrote:
Gorveatt wrote:

What K are they?

I'm fairly certain that he had Phillips 85122, or 85122+ bulbs which are 4100K
By hannibalhekki
#98493 i have the silverstar super white in my headlights and i love them! i want my fog lights to match the intensity how can i do that? i've been hearing i need to buy H3C bulbs in my kelvin? do i need a ballast? also can you do a diy for retrofitting the TSX projectors into our headlights and all corresponding parts? thanks! :thumb:
By hannibalhekki
hannibalhekki wrote:i have the silverstar super white in my headlights and i love them! i want my fog lights to match the intensity how can i do that? i've been hearing i need to buy H3C bulbs in my kelvin? do i need a ballast? also can you do a diy for retrofitting the TSX projectors into our headlights and all corresponding parts? thanks! :thumb:

anyone?
By sneepereg
#140088 ok i tryed to understand as much as i could but im still confused on which ones to buy and were to buy them and how do i make them work with stock headlight with out it going everywere like that picture you showed :?
By Project_EG6
sneepereg wrote:ok i tryed to understand as much as i could but im still confused on which ones to buy and were to buy them and how do i make them work with stock headlight with out it going everywere like that picture you showed :?

http://store.theretrofitsource.com/ is a good site to buy from and ask questions too. I would recommend getting a clear lens headlight, like this one: http://ep.yimg.com/ca/I/yhst-25962240138714_2068_124762113. You'll have to modify the headlight assembly in order to install the projector btw.
By Coplies
#151694 So i have a set of HID's that i bought from JDMlighting and one of the bulbs burned out after like 8 months without any problems. Now their site is gone and the phone number is disconnected :thumbdown:

Anyways, before the bulb went bad i was planning on putting it in a set of denji's. Would this have good light output, better than what i got while having them in the stock headlight pods, or do i need to do a retro fit from a tsx or something?
By jayEGR
#201712 question i have HIDS xenon H4 8000k and my left side shut off one day when i was driving and i checked my fuses under neath my steering wheel for the fuse and it was my 10A fuse that was blowin i put a new one in and it keeps blowin every time i put the head light swtich on ,ok now i put in my stock head light and its still doin the same thing , some one told me it might be my circuit or it might be touch ....but checked to see if its touching and nuthin ,anyone can help me ...thanks :thumb:
By JohnAWESOME
#223387 Ok so I have been reading and trying to figure this all out so I can just spend my money once to get what I want. Right now I just have the OEM glass headlights in I know that those need to go. Is it the glass lenses what cause the light to scatter all over or is it that the reflectors not set up to handle that much light?

Ok so I have been looking on ebay and would these work with HID's?

They look good to me but I want my light going the right direction. I have seen some cheep projector sets but they look horrible to me. This is the best looking ones that I have came across.

I have looked at the retrofit stuff but I am not sure if I can do it and be happy with the results. I would always be looking at them thinking that I should have done this or that. If anyone has any ideas or info thanks.