ECU, Wiring, Sensors
By sneepereg
#140088 ok i tryed to understand as much as i could but im still confused on which ones to buy and were to buy them and how do i make them work with stock headlight with out it going everywere like that picture you showed :?
By Project_EG6
sneepereg wrote:ok i tryed to understand as much as i could but im still confused on which ones to buy and were to buy them and how do i make them work with stock headlight with out it going everywere like that picture you showed :?

http://store.theretrofitsource.com/ is a good site to buy from and ask questions too. I would recommend getting a clear lens headlight, like this one: http://ep.yimg.com/ca/I/yhst-25962240138714_2068_124762113. You'll have to modify the headlight assembly in order to install the projector btw.
By Coplies
#151694 So i have a set of HID's that i bought from JDMlighting and one of the bulbs burned out after like 8 months without any problems. Now their site is gone and the phone number is disconnected :thumbdown:

Anyways, before the bulb went bad i was planning on putting it in a set of denji's. Would this have good light output, better than what i got while having them in the stock headlight pods, or do i need to do a retro fit from a tsx or something?
By jayEGR
#201712 question i have HIDS xenon H4 8000k and my left side shut off one day when i was driving and i checked my fuses under neath my steering wheel for the fuse and it was my 10A fuse that was blowin i put a new one in and it keeps blowin every time i put the head light swtich on ,ok now i put in my stock head light and its still doin the same thing , some one told me it might be my circuit or it might be touch ....but checked to see if its touching and nuthin ,anyone can help me ...thanks :thumb:
By JohnAWESOME
#223387 Ok so I have been reading and trying to figure this all out so I can just spend my money once to get what I want. Right now I just have the OEM glass headlights in I know that those need to go. Is it the glass lenses what cause the light to scatter all over or is it that the reflectors not set up to handle that much light?

Ok so I have been looking on ebay and would these work with HID's?

They look good to me but I want my light going the right direction. I have seen some cheep projector sets but they look horrible to me. This is the best looking ones that I have came across.

I have looked at the retrofit stuff but I am not sure if I can do it and be happy with the results. I would always be looking at them thinking that I should have done this or that. If anyone has any ideas or info thanks.
By chorean
#228268 ^ I had the same question as well.

If we swap out our headlights for projector headlights, would HIDs be compatible?

Retrofit IS cheaper technically...
By 92Si
#230430 i have plastic lights similar to the ones a few post up. with 6000k hid kit. and they work great. not quite as good as tsx hid's. but for the price and all plug and play i am satisfied.
By JohnAWESOME
#230435 Hey thanks for that I am still thinking about getting the plastic ones and doing HIDs. You have any pics of the beam pattern you get with that set up?
By 92Si
#230436 no i dont. i know it wouldn't be nearly as even as tsx's. but still way better than stock. and i got my lights with hid kit from ebay for 160 shipped. one piece lights. look similar to the ones with orange corners, but the corners are more like the projector ones....make sense?
By JohnAWESOME
#230437 yea I have seen them I think that I am going to end up doing a retro so I can get an clean looking beam pattern
By 92Si
#230439 thats what i want to do eventually. just sell the hid kit and add tsx lights and ballasts to my one piece lights. and i know i will be able to sell the hid kit for a lil less than i paid EASY.
By skateruptown
#230461 vvme.com Friend has hid's three years old still going strong mine are almost a year and they are still running no flicker, no shutting off randomly they are simply amazing for the price!
By 92Si
#230463 i have no complaints about how mine work. they have a lifetime warranty and are nearly a year old. just the spread pattern isnt as clean as most stock ones. but really i am real happy with them. just had to get use to signs having a slightly blue tint...
By JohnAWESOME
#230470 Yea I was thinking about getting some of the plastic lens ones because I have heard the glass fluted ones scatter the light super bad so I think that would help. I just don't want to end up getting pulled over because of my lights. I think I might get some and just aim them down more than normal they would probably work way better than the stock light buckets and the crappy lights I have now. Hey you have any pics of those aftermarket headlights I was kinda curious of what they look like on a car.