ECU, Wiring, Sensors
By madhatchride
#361269 ok guys I haven't posted in years but I'm kinda stuck. ive recently installed a gm 3 bar map sensor into my turbo b20 eg. the car ran fine for 3 years on a the stock map sensor. well I installed the 3 bar no problem wiring and all match car idles perfect. I calibrated it with crome pro and actually purchased the map sensor from xenocron. the car starts good sounds good but if you try to give it over 1/4 throttle it dies. you can ease on the fuel and it will go to red line. but as soon as you push the pedal hard it cuts completely and dies.
By EconoBox
#361271 Before doing anything else visit the tech section on the Xenocron website and double check your wiring and install with their directions and a volt meter. Make sure your connections are good where you spliced the connector on. Honestly though it sounds like you may just need a re-tune with your re-scaled tables.
A wide band would let you see whats happening with fuel at the different throttle conditions.
Chrome isn't as user friendly as Hondata or some of the other tuning options out there so things that may just take one mouse click in other applications don't always work the same in Chrome. You can always register for PGMFI.org and check out all the info that's been gathered there over the years for tuning with Chrome.