ECU, Wiring, Sensors
By Gram0401
#361255 Need some help identifying what these plugs go to on the chassis harness on the driver side. The car is a 94 dx hatch.

The 1st one is a grey female 8 pin connector near the dead pedal
The wire colors are
Yell/blk Yell Wht/blue
Blank. Wht/red. Grn/wht Wht/yell. Blk

I think it maybe for Cruise control but I'm not sure

The 2nd one is a yellow male 4 wire plug located near the fuse box under the dash.

If anyone knows what these plugs go to it will be greatly appreciated...
By EconoBox
#361256 All of the yellow plugs are part of the SRS (airbag) system. These are easy to identify and remove if you don't want to keep the SRS system. There is part of that harness that is needed to run up to the clock spring if you want to keep a working horn and/or cruise control.

The 8 pin grey connector looks like it goes to the interlock control unit under the drivers side of the dash.
By Gram0401
EconoBox wrote:All of the yellow plugs are part of the SRS (airbag) system. These are easy to identify and remove if you don't want to keep the SRS system. There is part of that harness that is needed to run up to the clock spring if you want to keep a working horn and/or cruise control.

The 8 pin grey connector looks like it goes to the interlock control unit under the drivers side of the dash.

Thanks for the quick reply… what does the interlock control unit do? My car use to be an automatic and I converted to manual, does that mean it's not used anymore?
I'm probably just going to depin the yellow connector because I'm using an aftermarket wheel/hub and the horn is on a push button since the hub is aluminum.
By EconoBox
#361258 The interlock control unit is part of the ignition system a remnant from your car being an automatic. You will have to look over a wiring diagram for the car to see how you can get rid of it. You may have bypassed it already when you did the manual conversion I believe the wires you splice together may override its function. In all honestly I pulled a manual dash harness for my last auto to manual conversion because I wanted to not worry about it and have the clutch switch functioning for the full throttle shift function. Just pull the whole SRS harness out if you aren't worried about the horn. That will let you take out the impact sensors behind the firewall sound mat, the SRS unit under the heater core, and the wiring across the firewall related to it. You can always wire it back in separately later its not very difficult to do.
By teal_dx
#361295 I believe the Interlock box has something to do with making sure the shifter is in Park before being able to take the key out on automatic cars. Just unplug the harnedd from the blue interlock box up under the dash on a manual swap and you're good. You can pull the box out if you want to.