ECU, Wiring, Sensors
By brandoff88
#359338 so after hooking up all my wiring to where it should be, putting the grounds back in the stock locations, I'm still having issues, I replaced my cluster lights with leds and went to test them, they light up as they should but when I was testing other stuff I noticed some issues, first of which is I accidently bumped my brake pedal and all my interior lights cut out, second of which is when I use the lights/sunroof/hazards, the tach moves around without the car running, and lastly when I use the hazards or turn signals (replaced some bulbs and wanted to make sure they were working) my under dash fuse box squeals and the signals spaz out and barely get power, also for some reason my rear license plate lights arnt getting any power either, I replaced them with white leds, tried reversing them in the sockets but still nothing....I don't know what the hell is going on and its frustrating me to no end....any ideas or help is greatly appreciated. I have not messed with anything under the dash, nor cut any wires, so I'm not sure what the issue could actually be...I don't see any obvious problems under the dash, nothing looks like its grounding out or anything, I'm just stumped as all hell...
By teal_dx
#359342 What did you do before hooking up the wiring, why was it all unhooked to begin with? Is the wiring all original, or is anything modified?
By brandoff88
#359374 lol I already know what to do with the dash, but I took out all the wiring to do a wire tuck, didn't cut anything, just depinned and repined, I think I found my issue, there was a keyless entry harness that was all hacked up and had open wires and grounds that was shoved under the dash harness that I didn't initially see(have a feeling some of the wires were touching the metal parts of the dash and causing issues), got it removed and depinned, fixed the open grounds and have been a little lazy putting it all back together. I took my tucked harnesses back out to double check my work and haven't put it back together yet, but ill definitely update this once I get it back together...im like 95% sure the open wires and grounds from the keyless entry harness were causing issues..but once its back together ill know for sure