ECU, Wiring, Sensors
By undeadone069
#359290 So I just got me a 94 ex 3 days ago it seems in overall OK condition running wise but has some issues I'm finding . It has a few dents mainly fenders. it has a crappy front suspension on it. But I got the car basically free. :) But anyway night before last I realized when I left my friends that my driver dude high beam doesn't work at all. The low beam is perfect. So today I went and bought new bulbs. The clips that hold the bulbs are still in good shape and both still have the rubber pieces over them . So I replace both bulbs and check them out and I'm still having the same issue with the new bulbs. So I put the old bulb I thought was bad in the passenger side and the high beam worked. So it's not the bulb at all. I cleaned the connector and put the bulb grease on it and still didn't help. I've tried shaking the wire and doesn't make it flicker or anything. I assume it's not the switch because the passenger side works perfectly. Any ideas? I figured its grounded or the low beam wouldn't work. I wanna check it tomorrow if you have any ideas please help. Which wire is for the bright so I know where to start
Thanks in advance.
By teal_dx
#359294 Has the wiring ever been modified/tucked at all? It seems like a wiring problem to me. The headlight wiring for these cars is fickle to begin with. Do you have a helms/chiltons manual? If so there are complete wiring diagrams, so you won't have to guess which wire is for the high beam. It's hard to diagnose a wiring problem over the internet, but I'll be glad to help out. :thumb:
By undeadone069
#359302 I have no manual yet. And no looks like the wiring harness is all in tact from what I can see and nothing tucked. Everything still in the original Clips and brackets. Haven't looked under the dash yet at the harness. And there is a toggle switch installed on the dash but I haven't found out where it was running. There is some weird bracket by the radio and s strap mounted under the dash below the steering wheel. Like maybe to hold a small cb or something. I plan on tracking down where the toggle switch is going asap just not much daylight after work lol and I haven't had a off day yet since I had it. But the harness under the hood looks like the black insulation stuff around it has never been removed. I think I may have to go to my buddy's tomorrow after work and get his tester out and start testing the wires for the light for power. And I think he has a manual as well.