ECU, Wiring, Sensors
By brandoff88
#359158 so I was tucking my headlight harnesses and a few other things thru the area under where the fender sits and I was curious if anyone had any problems with water draining from the wiper motor area into the space below and causing issues with the wires, not sure how waterproof electrical tape and loom is, but I certainly don't want water getting into the plugs either..just wanted some insight if anyone had issues and if so what they did to correct them..i was also kinda poking around and it looks like the water should drain out right where the drain tubes for the sunroof come out, but I'm just a little leary with all my wires being in an area where water might drain lol
By brandoff88
#359170 well mines a bit different, you see that oval hole above where yours came out, I ran my harness under the fuse box in the bay thru the little hole, pulled it out and repined the plug and pulled into that area, and out the other end right behind the headlight..that way its all contained inside the frame area of the fender if that makes sense..im not thinking that it will be an issue, ive had two buddies tell me they do all their tucks that way and never had an issue...I was just curious more than anything...wish I had a pic to post but I don't...ill see if I can get one to show you what I'm talking about
By brandoff88
#359256 yeah I had to do some minor metal bending to get stuff in there but nothing major, ill just make sure to tape everything up good, and use some of that dielectric grease or whatever on the plugs lol