ECU, Wiring, Sensors
By Gram0401
#359143 I'm moving the battery out from under the hood and I just need someone to verify that the way the alternator is wired will work… if there is anything you would change let me know… thanks
By Driv-it-hard
Gram0401 wrote:I'm moving the battery out from under the hood and I just need someone to verify that the way the alternator is wired will work… if there is anything you would change let me know… thanks

Everything looks good.
I have a question about the jumper 2 gauge going one fire plug to the other. I think it would be better and less stuff on the fire wall to add a distribution block for Alt ,Starter and power to fuse box. I all would think about a thinner wire going to fuse box. 2 Gauge would be a over kill. You would be fine on a 8 or 6 gauge.
Just for thought.
Nice setup tho.
By Gram0401
Driv-it-hard wrote:
Gram0401 wrote:I'm moving the battery out from under the hood and I just need someone to verify that the way the alternator is wired will work… if there is anything you would change let me know… thanks

Everything looks good.
I have a question about the jumper 2 gauge going one fire plug to the other. I think it would be better and less stuff on the fire wall to add a distribution block for Alt ,Starter and power to fuse box. I all would think about a thinner wire going to fuse box. 2 Gauge would be a over kill. You would be fine on a 8 or 6 gauge.
Just for thought.
Nice setup tho.

The connection where the 3 +12v wire are going is Remote terminals which I'm using as the distribution point
The 2 gauge wire going from that point to the "battery firewall stud" with be this kind of connection to pass the power safely through the fire wall

The fuse box will be moved to the inside of the car probably where the passenger srs use to be, but the wire going to it will be 4gauge.
By teal_dx
#359154 The only thing I see that might be a concern is that in the OEM setup, the fusebox was the only thing in between the battery and the alternator. In your plan, you have the 2 ga wire connecting the two, eliminating that. I'm not sure if there's a reason Honda did it that way, but USDM cars (maybe EDM too?) have an ELD (Electrical Load Determinator) built into the fuse box, which may not read correctly if the order of the wiring is changed around.
Not 100% sure, but just a heads up. When the ELD is out of whack, all sorts of lights dim etc.

The gauge of wire is probably overkill as well.
I'll attach what i used when i relocated my battery to the front left and moved fusebox behind the firewall, using a distribution block. No problems so far. :)
Attachments
power_wire_dia.jpg