ECU, Wiring, Sensors
By juankrq
#358738 Hi Guys !

My civic EX Vtec 4dr. 4At. Used to have a oil leak on distributor O-Ring. I decided to change it, but after it was changed, I got engine check light No.4: Crankshaft Position Sensor. :x :x :x

But where is it located, why I can not find the spare part number ?

I took to the electronics garage and they said the sensor is into the distributor, and changed some wiring into the distributor, but still have same engine check code.

What could happen. Should I replace the whole distributor ?
I asked and seems that spare part is: TD42U / TD-42U / 30100P08006 / TD42. Is it right ?

I guess the electrician just damaged and swap a cable when replace some wiring.
I wonder if someone has comprehensive electrical plane and/or guide of the whole distributor wiring ?

Your valuable cooperation will be appreciated as I am located in Bogota, Colombia. Thus, in case of part replacement I must import the whole piece, that would be expensive.

Thank you !
By iLLson
#358739 Image

• Disconnect the 8pin connector from the distributor
• Measure the resistance between sensor terminals B & F (ECU terminals B15 BLU/GRN wire & B16 BLU/YEL wire)
• If the resistance is not between 350Ω & 700Ω replace the distributor.
• If the resistance is between 350Ω & 700Ω - Check for continuity to body ground on both B & F terminals.
• Does continuity exist
Yes - replace distributor
No
• Test the ECU
By juankrq
#358844 Hi.

I put a new TD-42U Distributor. Code 4 is gone, but now code 9 shows up. :(

What is the problem ? Could you send me your advice please ?

There is a way to test is new TD-42U is properly working ?

iLLson wrote:Image

• Disconnect the 8pin connector from the distributor
• Measure the resistance between sensor terminals B & F (ECU terminals B15 BLU/GRN wire & B16 BLU/YEL wire)
• If the resistance is not between 350Ω & 700Ω replace the distributor.
• If the resistance is between 350Ω & 700Ω - Check for continuity to body ground on both B & F terminals.
• Does continuity exist
Yes - replace distributor
No
• Test the ECU