ECU, Wiring, Sensors
By eg84dr
#358335 its been awhile since ive posted here but long story short i yet again i have a 4 door civic.
the hazards have never worked from when i bought the car a year ago. it never bothered me but i need them for inspection coming up soon.
now the turn signals work just fine front and rear and i have check the fuses and haven't found anything that is out of the ordinary.
the relay is the same relay as the turn signals so i know that the relay is working properly.
this leads me to believe it is the actual switch.
this leads me to my next question. does any one have a way to test this switch. i cant seem to find anything for these years civic.
also the clock is missing from the car. would that have anything to do with it?

to sum things up:
Turn signals work
flasher relay is good.
all fuses check out ok
no clock

thanks in advance!
By Xaser
#358337 Did the fuses you checked include the fuses in the box in the engine bay?, As number 43 there is for your Hazards. I can't see the clock being connected to the issues, the clocks not working is quite common in our cars. If its not the fuse in the engine bay, I would be looking at Hazard switch being the problem.
By eg84dr
#358339 thanks for the response!
i have not checked the fuse under the hood.
if this is a clue my turn signals do not work if i press the hazard button.
i pulled the switch out and checked it and it checks out ok. minus the bulb working, but according to the diagram that shouldn't affect anything.
I will check the fuse under the hood!
thanks!
By Xaser
#358341 Yeah that's correct operation, when the switch is set to Hazard, it will disconnect the stalk from working. So I'm betting on it being the fuse under the hood. It should tell you on the lid which fuse it is but it should be a 10A in the bottom right.