ECU, Wiring, Sensors
By Diego
#357849 Dear, good morning.

A have a Civic VTI EG6 1993, B16A2 engine equiped with the ECM AEM 1040. But afer install and tuning, show
two problems, and the engine die.

When i start engine cold, i need to step on the pedal and increase the rpm, if not, the engine die. what parameters i will have to change.

When i turn on the air conditioner, on the idle, the rpm decrease and the engine die too. What i will have to do?

I wait returns, thanks!
By suspendedHatch
#357898 You need to go back to the tuner and get some drivability tuning. The AEM forum would be better for these questions. It's been about five years since my AEM crapped out on me, and the software has changed quite a bit since then, so I won't know the exact names of the 2d correction tables that address these situations.
There's an idle% vs coolant temp, idle target vs coolant temp or something along those lines. I believe the Helms manual even gives you a table that you can reference, but it's not that hard anyway. You need to run rich until warmed up and don't have O2 feedback kick in until you're close to operating temperature.
There's an electric load vs idle, I believe there's a setting that specifically takes an AC input also. Just needs to be enabled. And finally, in your regular idle speed setup, you should have the ignition timing advance and retard as RPM gets away from target idle speed. Ign changes are much quicker at affecting idle RPM than the IACV is.