ECU, Wiring, Sensors
By maverickiz3d
#355721 Hey Guys. Newbie posting here, although have taken much help from these forums before.

Now I need some help with respect to the A/C in my car. Its a CIVIC EG Sedan, originally carburetor but swapped to D15b dual vtec (aka 3 stage) off an A/T car, but using M/T.

When the a/c is switched on, everything is working except for the idle rpm to increase. The rpm drops from 800-850 to around 400 when a/c is turned on.

This has been the issue since the swap. Please let me know which wire I need to check on the ECU, and let me know its complete connection as to where it needs to be connected, whether its ground wire or positive.

Thanks.
By TrailerTrash
#355722 which ECU are you using?
By maverickiz3d
Driv-it-hard wrote:Have you checked the Idle air control valve ?
What RPM is the car running with no AC on again ?
With the AC on ?

No CEL for IACV. It seems fine without a/c switched on.

RPM without a/c: approx 850
RPM with a/c: approx 350-400, and stalls when driving and braking (on neutral).

Since the swap was done, I assume the electrician hasnt done a perfect job and didnt connect the required wires to the ECU.

Currently I got a solution from Honda-Tech regarding the wiring, and will try that out first. I am not sure if I am allowed to link that here. If the wiring is correct, then I will have to look into the possibility of the IACV being the trouble maker.