ECU, Wiring, Sensors
By luv-d-eh3
#354968 so i just changed the transmission oil in my 92 civic hatch. But right after coming back from a test drive, both of my tail lights were on even when my front lights were off. anyone have a solution or an idea of what it might be?
By EconoBox
#354990 Check the brake pedal and see if the pedal stop is gone. There is a small plastic piece that hits the switch when you are not pushing down on the pedal. If its fallen out the brake lights will be stuck on.
By luv-d-eh3
#354998 @ suspendedhatch it is the brake lights....

@ econobox ok i will check it out and i will let ya know
By EconoBox
#355001 Part number will be 46505-SA5-000 Honda MSRP is $2.53. Every dealership in the country should have them in stock it's a really common problem. I'm putting the list price up for you because I know one of my local competitors likes to sell them for around $6.50 each and I'm guessing out in Californai they probably have a nice markup on everything too.
By luv-d-eh3
#355073 @econobox thanks man! it was the pedal pad everything is good now! :thumb:
By 93sihatchguy
#355201 I had the same problem. Was going crazy trying to figure out what was wrong. I replaced both the brake and the cruise control pads. Both work great again.