ECU, Wiring, Sensors
By Dascity_eg
#354282 Okay so I was driving home today from work and my car died twice. Both times just shut off
I have a 92 Honda Civic eg so, anybody know what it could be

Sorry if this was the wrong section of the form to place this

The first time I was in second coming off the off ramp. And I coasted off in neutral, then went to put it in gear and give it gas and nothing happen, pulled over and then started the car, no engine light came on or nothing

Second time coming down a hill close to my house put it in 1st to pull into the gas station and it did it again, cranked the key and started it and pulled into a spot,

Anyone know what this could be
By FlopUrDonk
#354286 My car would shut off on me when I first did my swap. :thumbdown: Turned out to be an ECM problem. Ground wire was frayed. But when that happened my car wouldn't start right up. Had to fiddle with the engine harness so the wire could readjust itself properly. Good luck man. Hopefully one of the Honda masters here. can chime in.
By TrailerTrash
#354289 i had this exact problem. turned out to be the main relay. its a fairly common problem. thats why i keep a spare main in the car
By teal_dx
#354298 If it was the main relay, I thought it would have more trouble starting after being turned off, not shutting off while driving, then starting right back up. :?

OP, can you tell us more details about your car and any mods done, recent maintenance?
By TrailerTrash
teal_dx wrote:If it was the main relay, I thought it would have more trouble starting after being turned off, not shutting off while driving, then starting right back up. :?

thats what i had read when trying to find the solution to my problem. but it was the main relay for sure because it was doing it several times a day and it hasnt happened again in the 2 years since i replaced the relay.