ECU, Wiring, Sensors
By modmonte
#352560 Just wondering if anyone has used the Budget B engine harness and sub-harness. I am a little perplexed by the sub-harness. It has a larger grey plug and about 7 loose wires at one end, and the other has two plugs at the other. Those two plugs fit right into the ones by the driver side shock tower. The large grey plug from rywire seems to fit right into the grey plug at the end of the oem harness coming from the shock tower.

Is there anyone who has used these harnesses before? I'll get some pics up tonight or Tomorrow with what I have.

Thanks in advance!
By EconoBox
#352566 Here is the directions from Rywire on where to hook everything up.

http://blog.rywire.com/92-95-eg-civic-92-93-dc-integra-chassis-adapter-instructions/

Because the tuck harness goes straight to the ECU there are some wires that have to be connected to the original wiring for the car to function that is what the subharness is for.
By modmonte
#352567 I appreciate you taking a moment to help me out. I guess I should have realized that the grey plug goes directly to the ecu. I thought it would have been pluged into the harness above the fuse box.

I also learned that I screwed up and ordered the wrong engine harness, which Rywire was kind enough to exchange for me. I bought OBD1 ECU to OBD2 dizzy, alt., injector.

I thought that my B18C5 was OBD2, but it is all OBD1 dizzy, alt., and injector plugs on the motor. I thought all B18C5 were OBD2 98+ spec, so I'm thinking I got bamboozled on my swap. The block has the B18C5 stamp, but I'm thinking they put a B16 head on it.

If the engine harness comes in this weekend I'll start to mock it up and post some pics.

Thanks again,
By EconoBox
#352568 If you post the casting numbers off of the cylinder head I can tell you what it came off of but the accessories on the motor being OBD1 could just mean the previous owner of the engine changed them all out when it was installed in their vehicle. And just so you know the ITR motors do use a B16 cylinder head casting the PR3-x (x could be 1,2,3,4).
By modmonte
#352571 I'll post some pics this weekend of the casting numbers on the head. I've heard that the b16 and b18 type r head are the same castings, the only differences are dual valve springs (my motor does not have), slight port/polish job (unsure on mine), and a dab of green paint (not on mine).

Once again I really appreciate your reply and willingness to provide some advice. This was the first car I bought in 2002 and have finally started work on it, so it's been a while since I last worked on Hondas. I helped a buddy do a gsr swap before he graduated in 2001 and thats been it.

Best Regards,
By valor226
#352602 Guys im having the EXACT same problem. I'm installing it onto a 92 eg hatch with a OBD1 GSR Swap. engine was all plug and play, i cut the wires that the provided diagram told me too AND labeled them. However i still have the stock ecu harness and all its trashy wiring under my dash. I'm probably just having a brain fart but where do i unplug it from ? I Will post pics in my next post.
By EconoBox
valor226 wrote:Guys im having the EXACT same problem. I'm installing it onto a 92 eg hatch with a OBD1 GSR Swap. engine was all plug and play, i cut the wires that the provided diagram told me too AND labeled them. However i still have the stock ecu harness and all its trashy wiring under my dash. I'm probably just having a brain fart but where do i unplug it from ? I Will post pics in my next post.

The Rywire tuck harness goes straight from all of the connectors on your engine to the ECU. Because the tuck harness bypasses the chassis harness this way the several loose wires on the Rywire harness have to be spliced into the factory ECU harness right behind the grey ECU connectors you no longer use, these wires still go to other parts of the car and are necessary to make the car run with the tuck harness. All you have to do is look at the instructions section on Rywire's website to see where they connect to. Then you simply strip the wire (no need to actually cut it) and twist the wire around the stripped section, then solder it and wrap elctrical tape around it to prevent shorting (If you look up how to depin the ECU connectors you will be able to use heatshrink on these instead of electrical tape.
By modmonte
#352635 Hey Econobox I looked at the head and the marking is "PR3-4" and then a smaller stamt to the right with "H m." Have any ideas what type of head that is?

Ill also post some pics of the wire harness tomorrow as the replacement just came in the mail today I'm told.

Thanks in advance for the help, it really is appreciated!
By valor226
#352636 Econobox thanks man, that all makes sense !
By valor226
#352637 Where does this plug go ? the one with my finger pointing to it. It seems to be plugged with a jumper of some sort.