ECU, Wiring, Sensors
By vince72310
#351638 I swear if it's not one thing it's another lol my gas gauge is stuck on Full tank and doesn't go down. I filled up my tank last week and I've been driving all week and it didn't go down. Idk what to check. Is there a fuse that's blown or a sensor? The gas tank? This never happened to me before. I'm gonna take out the cluster and see if there is anything weird behind it. Is there anything I should look for in particular? Thanks
By teal_dx
#351644 Can you give us more background?
New fuel tank or fuel pump installed? Is this a new cluster you installed? If so, did it read full when you installed it? How much gas in tank when you installed it etc...
the more details, the more likely we can help you. :thumb:
By vince72310
#351645 I never changed anything it's still all OEM everything I just put gas on Friday last week and it hasn't dropped since then. Still on full tank
By teal_dx
#351646 If you haven't modified anything with your wiring, then I would suspect the sending unit has failed. Good news is you can change it from under the back seat- no need to drop the tank.
By vince72310
#351650 ok i removed my seat and found this

After a few spider nest and webs and dead spiders this is what i found underneth the cover, ok so what do i need to replace? the whole thing? unscrew the bolts? idk :?

By EconoBox
#351665 The part held in by 6 nuts is the fuel pump leave that alone. At the bottom of your picture there is another wire harness going to a seperate part. That is the sending unit. Unplug it and wait a minute the gauge should start moving down to E if the sending unit is bad (or just stuck).
By suspendedHatch
#351667 This along with your temp gauge problem may mean that that section of your gauge cluster is bad. With how readily available these are at junkkyards, why not just pull that one section of a gauge cluster out and try it?
By vince72310
#351676 Ok i took that wire out and turned the car on and it the needle did drop down and I turned the car off before it hit E plugged it back in and it went back to full tank I also put gas today. Do they sell that plug seperate the sending unit? Or should I go to the junkyard
By vince72310
#352318 i finally got around to taking out my Fuel sending unit and had the car to the 'On position" no engine running, I moved the bobber up the gas will go to full i move the bobber down and the gas gauge goes to E sooooo my FCU is not broken it is my cluster which i had a feeling it was because also my temp gauge doesnt work at times and my speedometer stays at 0 the majority of the time which is probably the sensor that is bad

anybody know if this cluster will work for my 95 dx hatch? also my car is auto
http://www.hmotorsonline.com/shop/sc200 ... item=20001
By teal_dx
#352330 The one in the link is from a manual car. I think it will work in an auto car, you just won't have the shifter indicator on your dash.

Also, that one is kmh, not mph.